The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: not normal  (Read 552 times)

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
not normal
« on: August 28, 2011, 02:00:03 AM »
I need some help on trying to get my mom to think being a furry is normal. she says why wont i do a sport or something like that, my sisters firends like and play sports but i don't, i think its normal not to play or be a fan of them.  She makes it seem like its something that i need to hide. She thinks fur suits are for homosexuals, she doesn't like it and says that it will make me look like iam gay. iam not gay. i just have a tail right now and according to her i cant where it because people will see me( even if iam with other furs). I cant go on a fur suit walk because people will see me ( even there) , even if i had a fur suit people will still know its me according to he the way she makes it seem is its something sexual, i have no dissire to use it for those resions. r. I try ed to show her the " what is a furry thread" that WZ made and still no luck, she doesn't want to talk about it right now, ive been trying to get her to talk to me about it and all she says is, " you know my how i fell about this ". I dint even know how she fells about the art work from the fandom. so i cant rant about that. On top of all this she keeps asking me about how i found this fandom.... well i need to lie about that, i just tell her through video game characters... but its really through 1000 ways to die... after seeing that i found out what the random really is.

She know how much i want a fur suit and i do have the money for one and on top of this some furs i know that make them gave offred discounts on them. I think she just has the wrong idea, eather that or she just want me to find a girl friend.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Re: not normal
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 02:11:59 AM »
believe it or not icy the fandom is not within the "normal" concept of society, so there's no convincing your mom that it is any other way. but you really shouldn't let that affect you. be who you are, not what she wants you to be. one does not win many battles by forcing others towards his viewpoint.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 02:26:23 AM »
Thanks for that advice, Iam going to get my suit after my b-day if they dont get me or give me the money for it. i love the fandom and i have made alot of firends in it. most have fur suits, and i wanted to get mine so i can go to some of the fur suit events with them. I dont know, what she really thinks ive even tryed telling her fur suiting is just something fun to do. 
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

TheLazyFur

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:34:03 AM »
By society's definition, furries aren't normal, but if you think about it, what is? And about the sexual stuff, just tell her that most furries stray away from that.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 02:40:39 AM »
well she has no idea or at least i think she doesn't as to people using them for sexual resions. she thinks it has to mainly do with reflecting ones sexuality.She might also be some what concerned about how it will reflect on her, i know some furs both male and female who are heterosexual and there parents love the fandom. i also know some who are not and there parents love the fandom as well
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
tell her this, there is really no proper definition for normal, since everyone is unique in their own way, no one is the same, everyone is different. Tell her that your interests are different from your sisters because you and her are different people. Tell her some more about the fandom, prove that fursuiting is fun, and that it's not for homosexuals (how did she even conclude to that?) Point out that the fandom is about creativity and your mom not letting you do things in the fandom, tell her that she's in your way of being creative to your own extent.

Also, tell her that since your in this fandom, you will not end up like those who are addicted to drugs or something like that, since being creative like this wouldn't end up with drugs in any connection. Also, tell her that when doing fursuiting, it improves your people skills, acting, stuff like that.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »
I agree with SkyWolf, there's no proper definition of normal. I tend to say that it's not normal to be normal.
As for your case, the fandom is not, as Drake said, within the societies definition of normal.

I suggest telling her that and explaining what the fandom is all about as good and detailed as you can, tell her that the fandom may be weird to the society, but that it's nothing bad or wrong about the fandom itself.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 03:48:34 AM »
tell her this, there is really no proper definition for normal, since everyone is unique in their own way, no one is the same, everyone is different. Tell her that your interests are different from your sisters because you and her are different people. Tell her some more about the random, prove that fursuiting is fun, and that it's not for homosexuals (how did she even conclude to that?) Point out that the fandom is about creativity and your mom not letting you do things in the fandom, tell her that she's in your way of being creative to your own extent.

Also, tell her that since your in this fandom, you will not end up like those who are addicted to drugs or something like that, since being creative like this wouldn't end up with drugs in any connection. Also, tell her that when doing fursuiting, it improves your people skills, acting, stuff like that.

I  tryed expelling to her what the fandom is, I even tyred showing her videos. i have no idea how she found came up with that idea that being a furry means your gay,,,, -_-"  the only thing i know that she saw was "  my strange addiction " ( I hate that episode with a passtion alone with csi and 1000 ways to die). She keeps saying oh ya-ah, uhnh, go find a girl friend  She probable has the idea because i don't like sports ( i perfer to play video games, draw , read, anime and the furry fandom. over sports)  or a girl friend that iam gay, and iam just using this as an excuse to "hide" it. i tryed telling her that i know allot of people with fur suits and you can have allot of fun in one, she doesn't listen.

I agree with SkyWolf, there's no proper definition of normal. I tend to say that it's not normal to be normal.
As for your case, the fandom is not, as Drake said, within the societies definition of normal.

I suggest telling her that and explaining what the fandom is all about as good and detailed as you can, tell her that the fandom may be weird to the society, but that it's nothing bad or wrong about the fandom itself.

I've tryed that, she has only one way of thinking her way and that's it, its hard to changer her mind on it.

The best thing i can think of is telling her so she will think its normal and iam allowed to do more ( but iam 19 so i don't see why i need to be " allowed" ) is to lie and say i can do " more" in the fandom with one and it can " help" me find a girl friend or i can say since the person who is going to make my suit is a girl, i would be seeing her so as it gets made and since shes single she can become my girl friend. ( even though she doesn't want any type of relation but my mom doesn't know that)

if that fails next time i tell her i want one iam going to commtion one of the fur suit makers and bring it home.
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »
I say forget about her.
My mom doesn't like some of the things I do, and even though I know that she wants the best for me, she can be ignorant of things, and have skewed conceptions about it. I say if you look into something, and YOU know its ok, then forget about what she thinks. You can't change people so you should be ok with that and yourself, that's all I'm trying to say.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
I say forget about her.
My mom doesn't like some of the things I do, and even though I know that she wants the best for me, she can be ignorant of things, and have skewed conceptions about it. I say if you look into something, and YOU know its ok, then forget about what she thinks. You can't change people so you should be ok with that and yourself, that's all I'm trying to say.

ok i have looked in to it befor, i guess ill get it, ill stay with the fandom even though she dosnt like it to much. Iam not harming any one nor my self, so i dont care if she dosnt like it.
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code