The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm not a furry, so, what am I?  (Read 1031 times)

Offline TheGronk

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Hybred
I'm not a furry, so, what am I?
« on: August 28, 2011, 05:16:52 AM »
G'day. For the past three to four years I have been known as Hybred. My mentor, Moonshadow has taught me about another world (Which is not on a need-to-know-basis) and for the past six months I have not been able to contact her. All I can do is speculate but in the mean time I am by myself, as usual...

My name is Hybred. It is who and what I am.
Part human; reasoning.
Part vampire; strength and egotistic.
Part elf; enhanced perception and emotional understanding.

I come to you with a simple question: I am not a furry, so, what am I? Furry by definition is a person who has a fursona which indicates one's personality. My traits give physical and mental traits, not personality. There is a debate between vampires being furry or not since they are considered animals to some, and not to others.

Personally, I do not wish to degrade myself to such idle fancies. As much as you want to believe you are your "fursona", you will never become what you wish. Me, however, I am living your dream. I am Hybred.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: I'm not a furry, so, what am I?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 05:18:29 AM »
Well first of all, welcome to our forums. Im Macid the Diamond Lynx.

As for what you are, you've already told us. You are a Hybred.  ^_^

Offline TheGronk

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Hybred
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 05:22:33 AM »
So that makes me my own race? Oh dear...I am an endangered species.  D:

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 05:30:56 AM »

Welcome to the forums. 

Now, as you say, your a Human/vamp/elf.  I personally would say you are a mid-evil fantasy person. That's just me thinking about the elder scrolls series really. 
Really, you say your not a furry so I assume you don't want to be.  So your human... or what ever it is you wish to be.  You could be a monster =o   you could be your own thing and not follow a by the book definition and feel free. 

Well I hope my rambles which might just be rambles assist you some how.  Others will follow your foot steps most likely because it sounds cool.

Hope to see you around.
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »
Yip yip Hybred! Welcome to the forumz of fur!
I suppose I agree with Macid, and indeed that's an interesting own species.
Well, I'm Timmy Fox, your local Royal Cutefox and I hope you'll enjoy your time here ^_^
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
Welcome aboard. You don't have to be a furry to participate in the forum, so feel free to look around.

As for whether vampires are by definition "furries" or not, I tend to disagree. A furry is not someone with a fursona that indicates their personality; a furry is a fan of anthropomorphism, which is human-like qualities given to unhuman-like creatures/objects. Vampires, by nature, are already quite "human"-like and therefore not anthropomorphic. But if you took an actual vampire bat animal and made it anthropomorphic, that would qualify as "furry."

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »
Personally, I do not wish to degrade myself to such idle fancies. As much as you want to believe you are your "fursona", you will never become what you wish. Me, however, I am living your dream. I am Hybred.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Am I the only one that read this twice?

Firstly, you have some guts to come to a furry forum and talk about furries this way, (but I suppose that's your 'vampire side' talking?) especially when some of the users here are a bit touchy to say the least.

It's clear that you have no idea of what you are talking about. As Zephyr here briefly mentioned, a furry is not at all by definition someone that believes they are their fursona. I believe what you are talking about are Therians, who believe they have an animal spirit. And as far as I know, they are a clear minority here.

So no, you may not come with your very arrogant remarks and mockery, claiming that you are "living our dream", making claims when it seems you have not done any research on the matter. You put yourself above the rest of us, claiming that you are part vampire and part elf? I am not going to question you, but you have to admit that this makes as much sense as "believing we are our fursonas".

Just because I am a member of the forum Looking for Group (the famous fantasy web comic), doesn't mean I believe I am a cartoon character. Just because I am a member on Paizo (the creators of tabletop games), does not mean I think my stats exist in paper form along with my dice of many sides. If I had the time for it, I'd probably be a part of the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (a computer game) forum as well. But I still don't think I'm a vampire in a  virtual world. I surely speak for many here when I say that this is just a hobby, one of many, and that the furdom is just another interest. A roleplay even.

So I ask kindly of you not to make wild and arrogant accusations and then say that you are part mythological creature and part demonic monster.

tl;dr
I take a minor offence in being accused of things that are not true when the person claiming it should know better.

That said, I welcome you to partake in the forum like the rest of us, ask what questions you may have and I hope you find what you seek.
I am known as Puncia, at your service, and I hope you like it here. Welcome.

Edit:
Oh, and as for your question.
It's hard to come with a good and firm answer to this when I have barely heard of your kind before. The only opinion I have is that you have your beliefs and those should be respected. So that is what my answer is. The mind is fragile and ever changing. Labels are for sissies. You are what you are, or want to be.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:45:06 PM by The Great Puncia »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 05:56:52 PM »
Please remain respectful of other forum members - both Gronk and Puncia.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.