The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Motion Control  (Read 1647 times)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Motion Control
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but over the past few months I've finally gotten my feet wet when it comes to motion controlled video games. I tried out the Xbox Kinect at a friend's house a few months ago, and this past weekend I was able to try out a Wii at my sister's house. I thought both were a lot of fun, though the way the Kinect works was a LOT more impressive and effective to me.

So right now I'm reeeally wanting to get some kind of motion system for myself, but my dilemma is that I have a PS3 - the PS Move being the only motion system I haven't actually tried yet. I also don't have a ton of money to spend, so even though I want the Kinect the most, I'd have to buy the 360 on top of it, and I don't think it's worth that kind of money just to use it for one or two Kinect games.

Sooooo, have any of you tried the PS Move? It would be great to hear opinions, especially if you can compare it to how the other two work. From what I understand, based on reviews and stuff that I've read, it's mostly like the Wii with just a little bit better motion sensing abilities.

I want a motion system mostly for dance and "sports" games because they're fun to play with other people, but the Wii kind of irritated me because of the whole "you could just sit on the couch and move the controller" thing, where the Kinect makes you move your whole body. That's why I'm hesitant about getting the Move instead since it has the same problem, but considering it would probably be half the price for me to get that instead of the Kinect, I can't decide what to do.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Motion Control
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 04:21:34 PM »
Well on a tangent here, I guess you could try ebay? 360s are basically the cheapest consoles now I think o.o; Like I'm seeing some for below $100 in perfectly working condition. If you're willing to drop $150 you could probably get the kinect and 360.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 04:44:39 PM »
Yeah, but I can get Move with two controllers for $90.

Art stream:

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »
I like tried all of them the ps move is pretty good too, it just works

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 02:40:56 AM »
I'm not really that interested in motion controls but PS move is probably my favorite, I was amazed at how accurately it tracks your movement and with the amount of games out and upcoming that support move, it's probably your best buy at only 90$ IMO
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 03:37:00 AM »
PS Move by far has way more to offer then the 360 and Kinect. It already has more games, *better* games, and more coming.
The most the Kinect has to itself is the ability to say "Xbox: Play" ten times until it understands you (true story v.v) and some sub-par games.

Just be sure that you can have HDMI abilities with your PS3, I've seen a few just using basic cables, and they look awful v.v

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 04:15:59 AM »
Yeah, I have an HDMI cable already hooked up with my PS3. That's not a problem. :P

Right now it does indeed seem like Move has (or will be getting) some better/more game options than Kinect, so I've thought about that too.

Art stream:

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 04:33:49 AM »
I actually tried the PS move with the gun when I tried out "Kill Zone 3" and to be honest, I was quite surprised. It follows your movements with ease and I like it better than the wii stuff. I haven't tried out the Kinex but all I can say is that the PS move gun on Kill Zone 3 was an awsome thing to try and if you can get that for 90$, I say go for it o.o =D
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:29:25 PM »
i say try zelda skyward sword on the wii with the wii motion plus and see if you like it it is very likely Microsoft will try to use advertising to stop people from buying it

as for ps3 move wait for bioshock infinite to come out apparently it makes good use of it
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
killzone 3 with the move is really redicuklouse with that sharp shooter add on.