The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 30 day novel challenge  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
30 day novel challenge
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:19:30 AM »
So, this is a small exert for a story I been working on. Feed back is appreciated.

The forest fell silent once again; the birds that once spoke in the back ground fell to an ominous silence. Watching her chest go up in down, taking in each breath slowly, her eyes averted from mine. I couldn't tell if she was scared of me, taken back by my action, or just revolted by the life I taken. My muscles were tense, my heart still beating like a hummining bird's wing. Noticing I stopped breathing, I finally dropped the exhausted air from my lungs, the air whistling against my lips, it sounded as if a cannon shot off in the dead silence. The girl's arm began to tremble for staying erect for such an extended period, slowly; slowly she let it drop to her side.
   “Thank-“she stopped, her voice was soft and quite. I drew my eyes away from her face; I didn't want her to thank me for taking the life of someone else, thought thinking it over. I do it, I do it every time, I would do it, even if the turnout wasn't what it is. Even if it was me, instead of this man, I do it, because… I have to. My body began to shake a little; I bit my lip, trying to calm my sporadic muscles. The anxiety within me was rising, the flood gates over whelmed; I didn't know what to do as of now. We both stood there, I feel to my knees, head hunched over the man, I thought maybe I should do something. “We… We should go.” We, she wants me to go with her, or maybe me, maybe she wants to go with me. Regardless, she was right, it probably would be best if we left this place. I lifted my head, our eyes meeting; her gentle face brought calmness to me. I stood up, reaching out my hand for hers, she hesitated but took it. Her hands were cold, like she had been out for a very long time. I stood there for a little while, reading her eyes for a message. Though a beauty beyond compression, they were sad, hollow, like a tree that had been planted in a desert, it suckled on the last leaf. I began to walk, deciding to grab some wood, she must be shaken and her body feels frozen, this should at the very least calm her nerves. We both walked in silence the whole way. My mind was at a standstill, for the first time in my life I knew not what to do. It wasn't until I could hear the noise of the inhabitants in the shack did I realize I was still holding her hand. I loosened my grip, waiting for her fingers to fall in between mine, but she only took a greater hold, squeezing my hand. I pinched her hand a little, and she relaxed. Once we arrived at the shack, I turned my body to face her.
 “Wait here.” Those were the first words to escape my lips. She nodded, though you could see the pain in her face of being left. I tried to smile, as Stone does, maybe I thought, maybe it would put her at ease. I left her before I read the face, fear of failing at what I did.

((fyi, Stone is a character.)
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<