The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Animal Totems and Other Information  (Read 2673 times)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Animal Totems and Other Information
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »
Has anyone here found their spirit animal? And which one is it?
For me, yesterday I found out that it was a Lion.

I'm not exactly sure that he's mine, but it would make sense, because I've always thought highly of the feline family, even when I was as young as 4.
And it seems that I need the qualities of a lion to get through my life at this time. So, i was wondering how you guys found yours.

I'm reading a book called Animal Speak, and its a great book to learn more about animal totems. :)
I would like to have some info on animal totems here to help out other people too. Post a website if you find anymore good ones!

Information
http://www.animaltotem.com/

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
Re: Animal Totems and Other Information
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:34:30 PM »
for me i think it might be some sort of a k-9 or feline ( or both) . i allways felt like something is following me, when i was a child i use to talk about them. I have a rock with a wolf painted on it, i guess that can be a tolloem.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:02:02 AM »
Other totems that were with me, I used to have a dragon, wolf, tiger, bird of some sort, housecats... The list could go on. xD
But they say the more totems you have, the more problems and struggles you've had in your life.

Truthfully, there the only ones that kept me sane for my elementary/middle school years, I used to talk to them a lot as well (At the time I thought they were imaginary friends, but now I know better than that. :P)

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 05:07:11 AM »
well i dont have a tollim for each one, but i do feel there presances. I also felt a " female " ( well i dont really belive that a spirt could have a gender ) feline sitting on my lap or or laying on me.  Ummm if i remember corcectly when i was a child i remember that they didnt have a "gender"  or if they did i never picked up on it. i still fell them though.

well i read that quiz, i think i found out one of them... the wolf, more then a the feline. both feel like they have been there, the wolf just feels like he or she was there more, all ways gudeing me.

all though some of the tolloms there are nice there expancive, i have one but its not from there. when i hold it i fell something.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:21:09 AM by icy wolf »
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Pandy

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Don't catch me bro D:
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nidolithe
  • Coloring: Blue, cream, dark gray
  • Height: 5'1"
  • Build: average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Meow. Meow meow meow.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 12:09:16 PM »
I've had about four totems my whole life. I have a rather interesting story to go along with it.
When my mother was pregnant with me, she was very spiritual and asked a Native American shaman to do a purification ceremony on my behalf. I'm the only one of her children she mistook the gender of (she was convinced I was going to be a boy) and all of my totems are incredibly masculine.
Another fun fact: I've had an "imaginary friend" for as long as I can remember who was a slightly older male sibling. I had a lot of gender dysphoria for a while, as well. Learned much later (like 2 years ago) that my mom was pregnant before my older sister, with a boy, and had a miscarriage.

When I was very young, my totem was a dog. I'm not sure what breed, but it was a domestic/household dog. A big, sandy colored dog I would doodle on everything, haha. I have a feeling he was looking out for me.

Around elementary school, my totem was the cat. I was eccentric back then and really into supernatural stuff (and werewolves too). I remember meowing at my friends a lot.  <.<

In middle school, it was a ferret. I was scatterbrained, all over the place, and I think the ferret was directing me to saying "It's alright, you don't have to have everything together right now. Have fun." But...middle school was definitely the worst part of my life. I won't go into detail, but it was a very traumatic and miserable time for me.

High school and now, my totem is a skunk. Showing pure tenacity in the face of adversity and being sure of myself. It's not my theriotype...I still don't know what that is despite it being pretty obvious that it's there for nearly 8 years.
The skunk is by far my favorite totem. It's teaching me to keep trying and rely on myself more than others.

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 04:09:59 AM »
my totem animal has always been a lion...hence the fursona...
i feel like some impulses ive had in my life can relate to a lion's natural instincts, like isolation in some cases, team work, being territorial, family protection. I call on the spirit of a lion every day to help me through my life.
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!