The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Friends You Can't Stand But Tolerate?  (Read 998 times)

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
Friends You Can't Stand But Tolerate?
« on: March 19, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
I just wanted to know if I wasn't the only one, but do any of you have friends, whether they are very close to you that you cannot stand, but tolerate them anyway? I have two friends like this.

One is my best friend from high school I've known since 2008, and is a fox furry (found that out in 2010). While he's one of the most silliest, hyper and sweet people I know, I cannot STAND how he types; he can't spell worth for crap, can't form proper sentences, seems to have no social common sense as my other friend has noted, and is not very bright. It might be just a thing with me, but I am a grammar nazi and I don't know if it sounds selfish or mean or anything, but I prefer the company of people of my intelligence level or higher.

Then there's my ex-mate who I've been close friends with after I broke up with him in December. When I first met him in Second Life in July 2011, and then started dating-ish, he seemed like one of the sweetest guys I've met. But after a few months I noticed he started losing interest in me and realized he seems to be disturbingly apathetic and unappreciative from what I have seen, and seems to be devoid of feelings. He is also a jerk to me sometimes, which I don't know if he realizes or not. He's also extremely spiteful and appears to have anger issues big time, so it makes me scared to try to assert myself over him sometimes. When we were mates, he pretty much just took my on a joyride because he was going to dump me once he found someone IRL. After three months I saw through his sick scheme and realized I was just being a slave to his feelings, so I had to let it drop for the sake of my dignity. All of my other friends have also agreed that I shouldn't be with him anymore, as well. Some even suggested that I shouldn't even talk to him anymore for how he treated me, but I don't see it as that big of a deal to drop a friendship over; we just made a simple mistake in trying a relationship with each other.

Short version of the second paragraph: So while my ex and I have a very rough history with each other, we're still rather compatible as friends, but I just really can't stand his apathetic, jerk-ish personality sometimes :s And it seems to only be for me; I haven't seen him act this way to any one else. It's like, I've done something wrong (which I haven't).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:20:07 PM by Cchytale Murilega »
  • Signature art by: Puncia