The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Steampunk (a work in progress)  (Read 973 times)

Offline Horus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: White with Black stripes
  • Height: 5ft 9in
  • Weight: 190lbs
  • Build: semi muscular
  • Currently: ♪~♪ d(⌒o⌒)b♪~♪
Steampunk (a work in progress)
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:58:26 PM »
Corporal Horatio paced back and forth waiting for his partner in front of the Defence Force station. "Where could she be?" Horatio muttered waiting for his partner. His partner was a lithe little vixen who transferred to the city only a few days ago. She may be a scrawny little thing but she is an expert when it comes to her swordsmanship skills.Horatio's ears perked up as he noticed something hit the wall behind him. He turned around and noticed his Captain standing there and quickly came to attention."Sir!" was all he was able to manage surprised that his Captain was able to sneak up on him.His Captain stared at him studying him up and trying to find something wrong."Why am i paying one of my Defence enforcers to stand around in front of my station?" stated the Captain. His captain was a pudgy even by pig standards but he was able to demand his respect through the experience he had serving in the military." Where is your partner Corporal?" "sir she went after a lead she got to the whereabouts of the suspect in the robberies that have been happening in the area." Horatio hoped the Captain bought the cover story. Lilith came out of an alleyway at a sprint coming to a halt a few feet from the captain. "Sir!"she stammered out of breath. The captain returned the salute. Horatio turned to Lilith "Lets get going on that lead you were investigating" Horatio quickly turns Lilith around and headed in the opposite direction of the Captain. "What happened to you this morning Lilith?"he said, tail between her legs she stammers, " I got lost again. I still can't get over how big this city is." feeling bad Horatio puts his arm on her shoulder," heh don't worry i had to get the Captain to draw me a map when i first got here back when he was still skinny." they both burst into laughter.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Steampunk (a work in progress)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:28:36 PM »
I like the interesting clash of time periods, it makes me want to know more about this universe through the characters :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Horus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 10:29:40 PM »
They quickly got on their patrol route and made their way to the warehouse district. The city of Eden is the biggest in the industrial empire being under the rule of the military caste gives limited options for men and women.The trolley passed Lilith and Horatio as they rounded the corner to get to the 'cold' zone. Horatio noticed Lilith shiver as they rounded the corner."Don't tell me they still haven't given you a proper uniform yet?" Horatio says as he notices the patches on Lilith's pants. "If you want i can try and help secure some better pants for you."Lilith blushes and her tail starts to flick back and forth "You'd do that for me?" Horatio nods "You are too good to me!" she exclaims as she hugs him. As they got deeper into freezer warehouses Horatio noticed a plume of smoke starting to rise. "Fire! lets get over there now!" They break into a sprint in the direction of the smoke plume.As they got to the building Horatio and Lilith drew their swords and went inside the building, Horatio grabbed his handkerchief and held it over his nose " Is there anyone here?" Lilith yells. They continued searching until the Fire response team arrived at the building. Horatio and Lilith exited the building "Hm that's weird that place is just a pottery shop what use would be burning a pottery shop for an arsonist?" Horatio stated calmly as he turned to Lilith who shrugged in response "I don't know but I'm looking forward to investigating after they are done before the captain sends someone who probably has no idea of what the outside world looks like from not behind their desk." Horatio chuckles "Heh that is so true it's like the Captain doesn't trust us." as he finished the sentence it all seemed to click in his head; the horrid patrol route, the bad uniform, and not helping her get acclimated to the big city or give her any kind of map. The Captain is as biased as the military is.Horatio sighed as the Fire response team got the fire under control they were exiting the building. "All yours" the burly fireman said as he passed Horatio "Thanks, come on Lilith lets get in there."

Offline Horus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 09:25:45 PM »
Horatio and Lillith entered the building areas of it still dripping with water. As they were sifting through the ashes, Lillith turned to Horatio " I still don't see any benefit of having this place go up in flames." Horatio comes across a set of stairs, "Lillith I found a set of stairs, there looks to be a basement and a second story. I'll take the basement you got the second story?"She nods as she starts up the stairs.Horatio descends the stairs and starts examining the ash and debris near the kiln.He came across the remains of what appeared to be a fuel drum. Horatio heads up the stairs and starts yelling "Lillith I think i found something down here it may be our ignition source."Lillith quick runs down the stairs past Horatio into the basement. Horatio chuckles" Trying to get ahead on the promotion list?" Lillith smirks as she looks over her shoulder " You know it!" her smirk turning to a full on grin. As Horatio gets to the bottom step of the stairs he sees Lillith over at the remains of the fuel drum. Horatio starts to open his mouth to say something but is cut off as Lillith starts "So what do you think could this be the ignition source?" Horatio nods and says " Could be but i don't know what could cause the barrel to shatter like this?" Horatio starts to look around the room with his flashlight and notices a weird light reflecting back at him from the wall opposite the fuel drum. "Hm what could this be?" Horatio muttered as he approached the object in the wall.Horatio reaches out and wraps his paw around what appears to be the hilt of some weapon.Lillith's ears perk up as Horatio mutters "What is this?" Lillith quickly is standing over his shoulder "ooh what did you find?" Horatio surprised that she's right behind him says "Looks like this was a little bit more than arson."Horatio started pulling the hilt but to no avail it remained stuck in the wall.Lillith snickers and says "what big ol' macho man Horatio cant pull a weapon from a wall let me show you how its done." She grasps the hilt that is stuck in the wall and she can't get it out of the wall. Lillith wraps both her paws around the hilt and sticks one of her feet on the wall and pulls the weapon from the wall with such force she ends up on her butt with the weapon landing in her lap.Lillith picked up the weapon and examined it "A dagger of some sort, but what kind of metal is this?" Horatio grabs the dagger "Hm i have a feeling i have seen this dagger before but where?"