The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestion about colors for raccoon paws!  (Read 2327 times)

Offline ritaco

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • It's More Fun To Compute <3
    • Awards
  • Species: Racoon
Suggestion about colors for raccoon paws!
« on: March 18, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
Hello everyone reading this post!  :)

I'm always wished about having some furry cosplay stuffs but I've never dared to buy anything.. :S  But now I'm going to make something to change it!
I'm going to create some paws to wear so I fixed this sketch to help me create them! (image)

My goal is to link it to my fursona! (Raccoon <3)

I've tried to use more gray colors but then I think people would misstake it, saying it's wolf paws.

Does anyone have any suggestion about the colors making it more "Raccoon"ish?  ^_^
Almost making people think "It's racoon paws" first time seeing them ^^
I use forums less often so please tell me if I do anything wrong  :$
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 11:21:50 PM by ritaco »
1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4, I'm a Pathfinder.

Offline spark

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • S. Park Costumes
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon, usually
Re: Suggestion about colors for raccoon paws!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:15:02 AM »
Well, no matter how you make it some people will mistake the species.  I had a little girl once say my griffon was a wolf (wtf?!) and people mistook my dragon-rabbit for everything under the sun, though admittedly most people don't know what a dragon-rabbit is anyway, but it didn't look much like a goat, or a wolf, or a cat. :P   So I'd say make them the color you like and don't worry about it.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Suggestion about colors for raccoon paws!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:18:45 AM »
It can often be extremely difficult to identify a species just by its paws - especially when you're talking about a sewn glove form of those paws.

Raccoon paws, in particular, are very thin and slender.

And unless the fur on the gloves is as skin tight as you can get it, it's hard to achieve that kind of look. Whereas wolf or cat paws are usually thicker and rounder in the toes.

Sorry if this isn't very helpful, but basically what I'm saying is, design the paws how you like them, but don't be surprised if people can't recognize the species just based off a pair of gloves. People will get confused about them no matter what they look like, and it's not worth taking it personally.

(Edit: Spark beat me to it. XP )

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.