The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Needs All Sorts of Advice  (Read 471 times)

Offline Marcus

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • This user has left!
    • Awards
Needs All Sorts of Advice
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:38:43 AM »
Alright guys and gals, here is my problem. 

Next year I and my fiancé will be going to the same collage, which is great, since we should graduate the same year as each other. But here is the problem. She will be living in the dorms, but I am being forced to stay with my mother. It's only thirty miles from here to the collage, and I shall be able to see my father, in which I'll only be a few blocks away on weekends. Mainly I'm just worried. I worry about everything, but this is simply stressful. I will not be able to see her for more that a day or two per week, and for the last year we have been practically fused at the waist. My meditation sessions are getting more difficult such further increases my stress, and doesn't give me time to accept things. This has led to my depression being noticeable and open. I have tried everything to find a way to set this straight with myself. However all that has happened has been a cluster cuss of white information. I have no clue how to manage this without meditating constantly. I feel as though chaos has seeped into my very mind.

Basically I'm freakin' a leak.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a simple scrap of advice, or assistance. I realize this sounds like an enormous sob story, and I have no doubt some will find this silly, but for those who can, I ask for nothing more than advice.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Needs All Sorts of Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 01:25:34 PM »
Looks like you need to go beyond meditation and try to form your thoughts in a sense of structure and order. A good idea is when you are feeling particularly all over the place, get a piece of paper and write down everything that's bothering you, doesn't matter if it's a mess or what order it's in as long as you can read it (typing it might help). Then save it somewhere and come back to it where you're feeling more calm and then read back all the information and try to order it and express it in a diagram of some sort. This will help you visualize all your problems in an ordered fashion. Once you've done that then you can start to attack each problem one at a time, find solutions to a single problem without worrying about the others.

Hope that helps :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Marcus

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • This user has left!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
Thanks for the advice. :) I shall try this.

Offline Jyynx

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Wolfmode (ON) OFF
    • Produce electronic and mixtapes, been DJing for about a year and half: my site below.
    • Awards
  • Species: Italian Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: About 190
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Gone Riding
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »
I'm actually sure most colleges require freshmen to spend their first year in the dorm, but I may be wrong... But my main advice is to find a new way to meditate, as I do so myself, I know that is a strong key to my mental sanity, and If your finding it hard to meditate that may be what is causing your tense feelings-  when you go to meditate just keep a key philosophy you wish to focus on and almost force yourself to forget human issues and needs
Good luck as I realize I'm not much help :/

Offline Marcus

• Chatty Cheetah
  • This user has left!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »
With the program I am taking, it's free, so I can live where ever I want. But in this case, my mother is withholding graduation money (and a significant amount at that) until I am 18.

Your strategy of meditating is interesting, I shall also try this. Usually when I meditate I focus on simply subduing my mind to my control. That's how I control my emotions and words so well. I don't let my mind wander when I am in a 'situation', so to speak. By philosophy, do you mean idea, or other? I have heard people use objects to meditate. Such as memorizing every detail of an object, then producing a mental image copy within their mind, and then imagining to use it.

You help is significant. You can't complete a puzzle without all the pieces.

Offline Jyynx

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Wolfmode (ON) OFF
    • Produce electronic and mixtapes, been DJing for about a year and half: my site below.
    • Awards
  • Species: Italian Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: About 190
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Gone Riding
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 05:32:13 PM »
Hmm... Control emotions, eh?  I find that interesting- through my meditation and philosophical studies, I've figured that emotions are needless- and through that are they burdons, so as a simple off balance I use my meditation periodically to remind myself that, and use it to feel however I want to.  But not everyone shares my narcissistic viewpoints...

Post Merge: April 09, 2012, 05:33:52 PM
Oh and by philosophy I mean a parable/ code of understanding you want to except, as again I disbelieve emotion and I sometimes use my dark philosophy in other manors...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:33:52 PM by Canadian Wolf, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Marcus

• Chatty Cheetah
  • This user has left!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 02:56:55 AM »
To each their own. I simply use my meditation to make my life feel better, in my personal opinion. If I where to do away with all emotion I would find no purpose for anything.