The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Legend of Korra Discussion!  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
Legend of Korra Discussion!
« on: June 17, 2012, 05:02:23 AM »
I know it's not really furry, but this show is seriously great in my opinion and I figured there could be some other furries who enjoy it  ^_^  With the season finale coming up next week I thought it would be a cool idea to throw up a thread here for any fans of the show to make the wait for the next episode a little easier!  XD

So what are your thoughts on the series so far? Enjoying it? Not enjoying it? Have any favorite moments or characters? I know Spider Lin ranks pretty high up there for me  ^_^

Also does anyone have any theories as to how the season finale will pan out?

Make sure that when discussing plot points to use the spoiler tag!

Spoiler for Hidden:
For me, Lin Beifong losing her bending was really sad, but I hope she can still be a strong character without her bending and that we will see her return.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Leiton

Re: Legend of Korra Discussion!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 06:27:10 AM »
It has all the fuzziness it needs in PABUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Seriously, in any television show ever made, Pabu is my favorite character EVER. (Television show, though... not character overall X3)

I'll wait until I watch the newest episode in the morning to make a better prediction about the finale (Which is coming WAY too soon, in my opinion... *mumble grumble*)

But you can definitely count on me joining in on this here thread ;D

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 07:11:18 AM »
Pabu is quite the fuzzy friend!  :D

It's a huge shame that he has suddenly disappeared in the newer episodes! I hope he can return in the season finale to refill the show's fuzzy meter!

Speaking of the season finale I forgot to mention it's coming this week and is an hour long! Everyone clear your entire schedule for the Legend of Korra!  XD

Offline Leiton

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »
MKAY.
First of all, the airbending kids are now cool again. They were starting to get irritating (except for Miko. That little kid is too adorbs. Air-bending... FART!)
Secondly, I found out I had to catch up and watch two episodes, which was fine, because it explains why I always saw Tumblr posts that didn't make sense or I didn't recognize. But either way, There was a MAJOR lack in Pabu. He showed up TWICE. And both times only for a second, and he was just sitting there. He's still adorable even in that, but seriously!!! NEEDS MOAR PABU
Thirdly, this season is turning out exceptionally SHORT. They really needed to have more. I know next season is probably going to be longer and awesomurr and just crazy good, but when they saw how popular this became, they should have added moar stuff!
Fourthly, this is my end of season finale predictions, so into the spoiler thingy I go!

Spoiler for Hidden:
Alright, I was kinda sad that Lin lost her bending... She was really cool, but there are some other things that are sort of pulling my attention. First of all, I keep on getting the creepiest feeling that Amon is somebody from the earlier season, more specifically Ozai. I know he would be incredibly old, but I still have that haunting feeling... Who else could be THAT powerful and able to take away bending? Other than that... I'm kind of curious as to this "General Iroh" who has Zuko's looks and voice actor... Honestly, that kind of gave me a slight distaste for him already. He's got some big ole shoes to fill. I understand that whole "everybody loved Iroh and Zuko" thing, but I think they kind of went overboard on him. Guess we'll just have to see how that goes...

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
The airbending kids are growing on me  ^_^ I love seeing how much of a family they all are.

I'm sure Pabu will pop up again at some point in the finale unless... AMON ATE HIM  D:

Also I think that when they were making the series, Nick still hadn't okayed them for a second season so they only knew they could make enough episodes for a mini series. Personally I'd rather have the series continue the way it has been because it was made as such. Adding more content may have made things fit less well, but hopefully the second season will be longer and have more fun character development  :D

Spoiler for Hidden:
Also I disagree with Amon being Ozai, but I think there is definitely something up with that guy. How well he was able to shrug off Tarrlok's bloodbending when it was clearly established how powerful it was just blew my mind. I'm beginning to wonder if the guy is even human  XD Personally the whole idea of a mask hiding his face reminds me of Koh the face stealer from the first season in the spirit world. I can't help but wonder if the two are somehow connected.

Also General Iroh seems like a fun addition to the cast and I'm glad to see Dante Basco return to voice the character. Plus this brings the United Forces into the picture which sounds pretty epic! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this character. I've already heard some speculation that Iroh is Zuko's grandson and interestingly enough if you pay attention to his collar, it is the same as Bumi's, Aang's son, in the concept art. I can't help, but wonder if there is some relation. Either way, I'm pumped for the season finale! Honestly I hope the Korra finds a way to give the benders their bending back  :'(

Offline Leiton

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 03:11:25 PM »
Last Episode is on right now!!!!!
Only one word can describe my feelings right now...

PABUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :*

Also. I'm going to be typing my reactions to things that happen inside the following spoiler...

Spoiler for Hidden:
OMG TARLOK IS AMON'S BROTHER!!! Was not expecting that at all. OMG WHAT. He's a blood bender! MIND = BLOWN
Awwww... Poor little kid... BAD PARENTING. :O That guy is evillll... Oh that's just not fair... He's hurting those wolves D:
Okay. This is crazy. Korra.... Her bending... Heck yes! Thank you Mako!!! Gosh dagnabbit!!! NO NOT HIM. DUDE
DUDE
DUDE
THAT'S FRIGGIN COOL.
AIRBENDING PUNCH

Okay. I'm just... :O
Tarlok blows up the boat...
I know Amon's not dead... but... seriously... I was NOT expecting that.

D:
Okay
I'm conflicted...
I don't want Mako and Korra...
Bolin and Korra! ;_;
Okay... She can give people back their bending...
Wait
If she can bend and is a full-blown Avatar now...
What is there to be a second season for? D:

Reaction?
EPIC
But... Where's it supposed to go from here?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:01:22 PM by Leiton »

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 03:16:16 PM »
Missed the first 15 minutes  :'(

Thank goodness I'm recording  XD

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »
(Note I'm a waterbender fox :o)

Just finished the final...
To summarize it all... AWESOME!

I loved the original series and this certainly lives up to being a well worth sequel!

NOW BRING ON SEASON 2!
Oh and... ZUKO'S MOTHER GODDANGIT D:
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 12:35:51 AM »
Hello there Timmy the Waterbending Fox!

I agree, the finale was amazing! I kinda wish everything wasn't resolved by the end, but I think it makes waiting for the second season a little more bearable. Sadly it seems Zuko's mother is an issue that will always haunt the fans  :/ [size=78%] [/size]

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 01:39:49 AM »
Oh no, Tunny  D:

Gotta fix that spoiler box please!

Offline Haxor

• Maverick Hunter
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • Is that all you got?
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Black fur, white hair, and mask, with white stripes on my tail
  • Height: 5"6
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: toned
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 06:40:33 AM »
If every issue is resolved... what is going to go on in Season 2...
Spoiler for Hidden:
Maybe somehow Amon didn't get killed in the explosion and swam back to Republic City to try his plan again under a different name.

meh doubtful :P mainly in the sense that the people of republic city wouldn't be that stupid  X3 i hope...

Don't open up my spoiler, it does contain my opinion on the series so far, and contains aaaaalot of reading lol.
Spoiler for Hidden:
and also in my opinion. Legend of Korra is a bit of disappoint, in the main sense of... character development, story, and most of all scenery.... In the original air bender series, in just the first season, it was cool how many places they traveled, how many adventures were done, how many more characters they met in only one season, and how that immensely expanded in 3 seasons. Now although this is only the first season, another issue I had; is in the original one, they had 3 seasons for the story arc itself to meld with the romanticism between Aang, and Katara.... while in LoK... they threw it 5 episodes in, and it seemed more as dramatic romanticism between Korra and Mako. Lastly was the villain; now I found it interesting what was going on with the equalists, and issues with benders, and I was hoping for three seasons of Amon's rise to power, and a close equalization of the world. But... sadly no lol, he was finished in the first season, while in Last air bender the whoooole 3 seasons was planned around the Fire Lord, and small adventures and villains were in put in between. Never usually lasting more than a couple of episodes. Just if you want to compare the Last Airbender to Lok. You can tell in many ways that just from the first season itself. Last Airbender was thought through a lot more. Even now after how the first season of Lok ended up... i don't know if i can look forward to the 2nd season... It would be like a new series really, since the main baddy is already dealt with.. and I'm not looking forward to a new main villain each season that takes up each season.... and i am not saying I hate LoK, I don't, i really don't want to, but i'm still hoping that doesn't change as long as the writers pick it up in season 2 lol.
Mavericks are a blight of the world, and its my job to eradicate them.

Sona done by: lock-wolf.tumblr.com/