The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 11701 times)

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
Re: State of Mind
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »
Grant nodded and concurred with Jojo.

"Sounds like this room will be just fine then, thank you," Grant replied courteously tipping his head slightly to the mink, "I'd also be happy to help pay off any debt we incur."

It seemed they would be staying for several days in the Earth Village so working was probably inevitable. However, Grant could probably gain some valuable information about the circumstances surrounding this hidden village and what was currently occurring in the world. Glancing towards Jojo, Grant couldn't help wondering if he knew anything at all about what was going on. He smiled and hoped he had gained a valuable ally.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2012, 02:02:54 AM »
Jayce shook his head. "It's a friend's," he said. "I'm trying to catch up  with my other friends and I was following the horse since he seemed to be heading towards them."
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2012, 02:10:15 AM »
Suzumi looked at the mouse then at the book... What do you mean?" but before she could even finish the question he had vaulted over the counter and had disappeared outside, looking around Suzumi couldn't see Spurny or Clarrisa. Picking up the key she placed it and the book into a canvas bag on her belt.

Walking out of the in she took the key out. ' It cant be from the inn, its way to old." Choosing to ignore the book Suzumi started walking towards the temple, all the while looking for a building that looked old enough to fit the key.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: July 03, 2012, 04:28:04 PM »
Grant took the keys, nodded, and gave a quick "Thank you" before heading into the room. Like the rest of the hotel, it was well furnished with an antique, queen-sized bed beside a window looking out into the city streets below. As he stepped on the plush carpet, Grant noticed a small door leading into the bathroom right beside the entrance and a light switch just behind him. Flicking on the lights, the room lit up with an inviting glow. So this was home for now.

"It looks great," Grant spoke turning to Jojo, "looks like we'll either have to share a bed or have one of us sleep on the floor. What would you prefer?"

As Grant walked in he was drawn to the sight of the city from the window. It was massive and the streets wound through towering buildings like a labyrinth.

"How did they build this?" Grant muttered to himself.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Blue, and White fur
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Athletic and Lean
  • Currently: Enjoying Summer
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2012, 06:21:46 AM »
After thinking for a moment, the friendly fox stepped in behind the canine, "I don't mind sharing the bed. I'm not skiddish about that sort of thing, but will gladly switch night to night if you are."

Jojo was also impressed by the wowing room they were to be staying in for the foreseeable future. He went around, running his fingers over everything; the soft bed spread, the velvety curtains, the quaint lamp....he even bent down to pet the soft carpet.

"Mmmaaaan...you know, I've never been in a nice room like this before. I don't mind staying here for as long as necessary."

The fox stopped at the window beside Grant, looking over the streets with awe as he put his paws on his hips, "Probably didn't even have to touch much of it. Just waved their arms around, heh!"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:25:53 AM by JoJoJoshua »
"Life is a party, don't just stand by the punchbowl." ~JFH

Xbox Live
| PS3 | Steam | Twitter | Gaming Furever

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
"Let's share then," Grant replied, "I haven't slept well in some time and this bed looks very inviting."

Watching Jojo clamber about the room almost made Grant chuckle. Although the room and the city were beautiful, Grant had different plans from Jojo. Questions burned through his mind. What was going on and why were they here? Then there was the city they were in. Had it really been as easy for them as Jojo had said?

As he turned to Jojo, Grant realized that the two had saved each other from a fatal situation and yet they hardly knew a thing about the other. "Hey, Jojo" Grant spoke in a tone softer than usual, "we've helped one another out a lot within the last few hours, but I hardly know you." Grant felt that he was being too sentimental, but he genuinely wanted to get to know this fox better. Seeing as they could be here a while, they could at least be comfortable together. "Who is Jojo the fox?"

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2012, 06:27:46 AM »
JoJo's ear perked up and swiveled toward Grant as he addressed him, his head catching up with his ears as he smiled back at the German Shepard beside him. As he talked, Jo realized that Grant and himself had really helped each other out in quite drastic ways. Fighting was something the fox wasn't used to, and he had reacted on pure adrenaline and instinct before. It was weird realizing that they had created such a connection in just a few seconds out there in the fray...

"Who is Jojo the fox?"

Jo smiled wide and swished his tail back and forth, jumping back and bowing with a flair before the hound before standing up before him again, lightening the mood a little from the slightly awkward situation for him, "Well! I am nothing really all that impressive, but I agree, I'd love to get to know you better."

Jojo plopped down on the bed, since at this point he really was tired of being on his aching feet, letting Grant take a seat wherever as he continued, "I was born there..." He reached back and pointed at the picture of the mountains of his home region, Grex. "I've lived there my whole life with my mom. My dad left the day before I was born, so I've never known him." Jo shrugged for a moment, but didn't dwell on the subject long. It had been something he moved on from a long time ago.

"I can't say that I've had an incredibly eventful life...though that is changing now, heh!" Jo grinned and stuck his tongue out at Grant, laying back on the bed, arms above his head as he sighed, relaxing, "Usually I spend my days out in the woods playing around with fire or nature with my friends or alone. I swear I've probably scaled every peak in a 5-mile radius of my place."

"What about you, Grant? What's your story?" Jo said with a smirk.

Xbox Live

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2012, 12:20:50 AM »
Grant watched as Jojo bowed before him and he was impressed by the fox's panache. The awkwardness from before had vanished and Grant felt at ease talking with Jojo. As the fox collapsed on the bed, Grant took a seat beside him and listened to his tail.

As Jojo mentioned his home and his parents, Grant briefly remembered what his life had been like before he had left. He loved his parents, but he always felt distanced from them because of his magic secret. They did many things together and he wished he could just tell them, but he knew that could never be. He wondered if they would have acted differently had he just told them.

Grant was brought back to reality as he realized the fox was sticking his tongue out at him. The sudden act of silliness broke through Grant's composed facade and exposed his fun loving self. Guffawing, Grant tumbled off the bed and in his frantic grab for the covers, brought the blankets along with him.

"I-I'm sorry!" he spurted in between his bouts of laughter, "sorry about your dad, but it sounds like things are looking up."

"What about you, Grant? What's your story?"

"Oh me?" he replied regaining his composure. "I'm nothing too special. I used to be training as a guard, but that didn't work out..." As he brought up his life, his thoughts from before began to flood into his mind. Without fully realizing it, he opened up to Jojo.

"I'm from Besmir," he started, "my dad was a well-respected member of the guard and my mother was quite the socialite. I loved them, but ever since I discovered I was capable of magic..." He cut off for a moment as the memories of his parents burst into his mind. "I-I should have told them, but..." Grant gave a deep sigh and continued, "they found out when they caught me practicing. They were mad, I was mad, we were all mad and I made a bad decision..." Pausing, Grant laid back on the floor and just looked up at the ceiling. "So... here I am."

Grant lifted himself up for a moment to see what the fox's reaction would be. He felt foolish for revealing so much about himself, but he had felt as though a weight were lifted off his shoulders and he could breathe somewhat easier.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:23:54 AM by Sigcutio »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2012, 03:50:33 AM »
Jayce had his eyes widened. "Uh..... I guess the town square? If that's ok... then I'd love to find my friends..."
What the hell is going on here? he thought to himself.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »

The closer Suzumi go to the temple to more at awe she was at its immense size, dwarfing the houses around it.
The doors opening on her own had shocked her a little but as she walked in she was greeted by a sheep

[size=78%]"If you could wait, he'll be with you shortly."[/size]

Before she could even reply the sheep had moved off into the temple, not even exactly sure who "he" was Suz started to levitate some of the dust and sand around her feet and tail gently swirling it around her ankles and tail, somehow it seemed easier to use magic here than what she was used to in her basement, or maybe she was finally starting to grasp it. "It felt different during that fight, nearly instinctive" She whispered to herself.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »
The fox had been pulled onto the floor in the heap of blankets when Grant went off the deep-end of the bed, and he had sat up, sitting cross-legged in a swirl of comfyness as Grant began to tell him about his situation. The tale was quick and didn't have a good direction, one that he had heard many times before from his friends. It seemed like that was the trend these days; parents being very unaccepting of their children pursuing their powers. If only more were more open and encouraging like his mother...

JoJo watched Grant carefully as he opened up to him about this sensitive info, but was glad to know more about the canine friend he had made, and his past. When Grant finished, Jo took in a deep breath and nodded once, "Honestly, I have no idea how I would have reacted if my mom had been restrictive of my magic and not let me explore it. It would be like taking away a part of me that I couldn't live without. So, I'm saying I don't blame you for the path you took."

The orange and blue vulpine, feeling that the German Shepard was a little nervous after exposing his story, leaned forward and put a paw on his shoulder, smiling warmly and looking into his eyes.

"Maybe, in the end, it will turn out to be a good decision."

Xbox Live

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2012, 06:34:01 PM »
Grant was taken aback by Jojo's warmth and honesty. He didn't know how to respond as Jojo placed a friendly paw on his shoulder.

"Maybe, in the end, it will turn out to be a good decision."

As Grant looked into the fox's eyes, he could tell that he had truly meant what he said. When he left home, he wish he could have had a friend with him and felt so alone. When he met with Krystal and her family, he had felt better, but was unable to tell them everything. Now, with Jojo, he felt relieved and secure. His lip quivered a bit and Grant averted his gaze a moment as he sniffed.

"T-thank you," he replied, "I really needed that."

Grant realized he was losing control of his emotions and decided he needed a moment to compose himself.

"E-excuse me," he muttered keeping his gaze averted. He couldn't look back in Jojo's eyes for fear of losing his control. Without another glance, Grant quickly got to his feetpaws and sped off to the bathroom. Warm tears began to form in his eyes as he reached the door and rushed to the sink to splash water on his face.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »
(I hope you guys aren't waiting on Sig and I o_o)

The fox watched Grant leave swiftly, hoping those were tears he'd needed to release for some time. While the German Shepard was away, he got up and busied himself, sliding the sheet and comforter back over the bed, making it nice and tidy again for them as the evening was probably nearing. It was awkward, not having sunlight shining in through the room, and as he finished up the bed, he walked back over to the window, looking out it again and thinking...letting Grant return when he felt ready to.

Jo smiled to himself and breathed in and out deeply a few times, hoping he could provide some needed friendship and closeness to the worthy companion fighter. They could make quite the team for whatever journeys they were to face in the coming days. Idly, Jo lifted his paw and played with a ball of fire in his paw, rolling it around, giving the room a touch more light.

Xbox Live

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2012, 04:10:08 AM »
As the water soaked through his fur and calmed him with its cool embrace, Grant felt himself beginning to regain his composure. He couldn't believe he had nearly lost it in front of Jojo like that. It was strange, but Jojo made him feel secure. Grant wanted to tell him more, maybe even everything, but he knew better than that. After splashing his face face several times, Grant was sure he would be okay, but as he opened his eyes he noticed a red tinge to the water pooling in the sink. Where was this coming from? Slowly it dawned on Grant what the red was and where it was from. He turned his head to look into the mirror and saw a sight that nearly stopped his heart. Within the mirror was a monster.

A beast with his face, but splattered with blood stared back at him. There was a frightened look in his eye that almost gave the impression of frightened desperation. Grant could not believe that the face he saw was his own. He let out a startled gasp and muttered, “No…no…” before falling away from the mirror. His own stomach began to heave and he struggled against the urge to wretch. Holding his paws to his temples, Grant fought to keep himself sane as the images of his encounter with the guard flashed through his mind. It terrified him as he realized each moment was burned into his psyche.