The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: nintendo ...any positive news...please?  (Read 959 times)

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
nintendo ...any positive news...please?
« on: July 07, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »
man ive kinda lost all faith in nintendo atm

you can blame Games TM magazine for that ....i just wonder if there is any hope for the wii U ever since the unreal engine 4 pretty much said to nintendo "screw you"

if it does happen i feel like i will have a wii U shaped void in my head x_x
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: nintendo ...any positive news...please?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
nintendo do seem to be failing :/
i hope they pull though
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: nintendo ...any positive news...please?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 09:44:36 PM »
Even if the full UEngine 4 can't run on it, keep in mind that engines are made to be bumped down. There are still UEngine 3 games that run on the Wii currently, and as far as the UEngine 4 goes, thus far it's just adding fancy lighting and particle effects and some more texturing. Which unless you're a graphics enthusiast, isn't that big of a deal o3o

And to add,  Nintendo really has just two options right now. Get their heads in the game and blow out the competition, or pull them selves out of the competition entirely as a major developer and either A.) Produce consoles and games casually, cheap and affordable. or B.) Go the way of Sega and just bank on their popular titles of games, such as Mario.

There's really no shame in them producing games for Sony or Microsoft, for their consoles, as long as they are given the full freedom to do what they want with the games. Not to mention, they can still make motion software games, and they've proven they succeeded a bit more in that area to begin with. Look at Sega. They were totally beat out by Sony, but as soon as they stopped making consoles, they started making games for the Playstation.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:00:35 PM by Nic »