The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Moving into the neighbourhood.  (Read 1551 times)

Offline MissLunaBatou

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Work it! ~<3
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: main pelt is black. Front is grey and so are the arms from the elbow down.
  • Height: 5'6 ft
  • Weight: 120 lb
  • Build: slender, slim.
  • Currently: Devilishly good.
Moving into the neighbourhood.
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
"There...The last box. I sure hope the folks are nice around these parts."
Luna wiped her brow with her wrist, huffing from the weight of the carboard box in hand. She dropped it carefully onto the red leathered armchair in the living room, the walls of which were painted the most brilliant turquoise. There was a round glass table with black painted table legs with a celtic pattern carved into them. She loved all things mystical and quirky. Removing a picture from the box placed on the chair further proved her odd enticements; she was stood with her arms around a griffin's neck, his feathers bright orange and blue tipped. It made her smile to see it, gently blowing of the thin sheet of dust gathered on the glass of it. She placed it onto her fireplace with a content sigh before roaming out into the front yard. It was a sunny day and there was a deckchair already set up for her. She removed her flannel shirt to reveal her white tank top before jumping onto the seat, lying back with a wide grin as her attention drifted to the clear blue skies.
"Hmmmm......."
So there. ^u.u^

Offline SilverBane

• Avid Aardvark
  • Du Hast Mich!
  • Species: German Shepherd/Australian Shepherd
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 168
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Thinking of someone<3
Re: Moving into the neighbourhood.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »
"Shut...up" Zan said with a slight laugh.
"Dude the target was coming right at you and you fell on your ass" Said the driver of the Jeep as he pulled into town.
"Oh yeah, make me re live it"
"Yeah, it will stick with you the rest of your life" Said the driver. Zan rolled his eyes and scoffed. True he had fallen backwards but morning drills can leave a soldier a little unbalanced especially when a target hits you in the face. The front seat passenger just laughed at him. Zan smiled slightly, their teases didn't bother him any. He knew they were just messing with him. The driver pulled the Jeep up to a bar and killed the engine as the three of them got out. The driver and the passenger walked towards the bar and Zan leaned against the Jeep.
"Hey...you coming?" The driver asked. Zan shook his head.
"You two go ahead, I'm going to get some fresh air and enjoy the day before hell. Meet me hear at eight"
The driver nodded then he and the passenger walked into the bar. Zan sighed. He wasnt the bar drinker kinda guy. Just enjoying the day was enough for him. Dressed in his combat Pants, boots and a grey muscle tight tank top he then began to walk around the neighborhood. His dog tags rattling at his chest as his combat boots clumped the ground with every step. He wasnt sure what the day would bring him, or what would happen on this nice day. The day before deployment always seems the best and sometimes takes the longest to end. But yet, the hardest to enjoy. For tomorrow, your deployed into hell and may not come back. Zan shook that thought out of his head and kept walking a few blocks. His eyes scanning the neighborhood and everything around. He chatted with a couple of locals and even got a hug from a child. After that he kept walking down the side walk then seen something new.
"Someone knew in the neighborhood?" He asked himself. He seen someone had moved into the house. He twitched his ear then stood near the walk way to the front door of the house and looked at the owner who was setting in the yard.
"Howdy" He said with a smile. "You new around here?" He asked, curious to know about her. He liked meeting new people and now was a great time to meet someone new.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:43:17 PM by SilverBane »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
~Light Machine Gunner, Airborne Division~

Offline MissLunaBatou

• Vibrating Furby
  • Work it! ~<3
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: main pelt is black. Front is grey and so are the arms from the elbow down.
  • Height: 5'6 ft
  • Weight: 120 lb
  • Build: slender, slim.
  • Currently: Devilishly good.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:08:19 AM »
She hadn't been fazed from the low roar of jeeps passing by. Although she was new, word had been said over the fence by a rather nosy wolf about the forces homed within the town and how proud they were of their men and women of the service. Personally, Luna had a slight grudge against the armed forces. Her father had died a member of Gastonville's squad; her home town. As the clouds began to thin and vanish, she thought of him with a smile, her stubby tail wagging unknowingly at the side of the deck chair. It soon stopped in hearing the male's words.

"Oh, hey... I have just moved here, yeah."
She sat herself up and extended her hand in greeting, hoping he would take to it humbly. The clothing he wore slighted her judgment of him but not to the point of hate or even disliking. Just the sentiment of it made her a little... out of it.

"I'm Luna. And you, what brings you here?"
So there. ^u.u^

Offline SilverBane

• Avid Aardvark
  • Du Hast Mich!
  • Species: German Shepherd/Australian Shepherd
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 168
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Thinking of someone<3
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 06:21:07 PM »
He smiled at her when she spoke then took her hand in his when she offered it to him and shook it gently in greetings. His tail wagged slowly then his ear twitched when he heard her name. He liked her name, but the ear twitch was really getting on his nerves. He didnt show it, but yep. It was, it was a little quark about him. His ear always twitch, nobody knew why. It just did.
"Luna? Thats a pretty name. My name is Zander. Zan for short" He smiled and let go of her hand.
"Just killin' time" He answered her question. "I got invited to go to a bar with three commandos, but im not the drinkin type. So I started walking around and enjoying the day until eight o-clock tonight" He chuckled.
"Then as I am walking along, I see you and that you just moved in and figured id give you a welcome to the neighborhood, see how you are doing and offer you my help if you needed it"

~Light Machine Gunner, Airborne Division~

Offline Cassidy

• Avid Aardvark
  • When life speeds by, downshift. <3
    • Awards
  • Species: Bunny
  • Coloring: White fur, blonde hair.
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Feminine, curvy.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Ecstatic
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »
A very low toned, loud rumbling would be audible at the very end of the street. Cass turned the wheel of the four-door Subaru sedan, aiming the car down the near empty street after slamming the car into second gear. The large moving truck caught his eye, raising an eyebrow underneath the aviator sunglasses. All four of the windows of the car were half way down, and carried a near pitch black tint. His modified STi rumbled down the street, now in third gear, as electronic music shook the inside of the car. He began to brake a bit as he approached the newly moved into house, his car would still roar even in low RPM, most likely a complete and total bother.

Cass slowed his vehicle to a stop in front of the house, turning down the music quickly as he spotted Zan and Luna. A wide grin appeared on the bunny's mouth as he spotted Zan, licking his lips covertly.
"Howdy, neighbor!" Cass yelled out of the freshly washed, rally blue sedan. The matte white wheels shined in the sunlight as he sat in neutral, water still forming droplets on some of the paint.
Wheeelp. :o

Offline humphreywolf

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: gray
  • Height: 5,8
  • Weight: 130
  • Build: girly
  • Currently: happy
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:56 AM »
I heard Cassy moved in not to far from me so i decided to fire up the old M5 and go mess with him. after a short but exciting drive i drifted into his drive way. I paused and looked a his riced up STI ;3 and proceeded to rev my engine and do a small burnout to make his STIs pointless alarm go off and get him to come out side :3 
Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.

Offline Luccas Hunter

• Avid Aardvark
  • Species: Clydsdale Anthro
  • Coloring: Brown with with a white spot on his nose and a splatter of white from his lower back to butt
  • Height: 7' 3"
  • Weight: 260 Pounds
  • Build: Tall with medium muscle, working on the forge and hunting has made him strong
  • Currently: FurryForum Newb having a good time
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »
Luccas twitches his ear, listening to all the loud noises to his right. deciding to change his jogging rout and investigate the sounds, he eventually came upon the M5 burning out and setting off the car alarm. Frowning, he ran across the street to the parked cars. "Whats going on over here? And would someone shut off that alarm!?" He almost shouted, swishing his tail around angrily.