The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My First Steampunk Novel/Series  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
My First Steampunk Novel/Series
« on: April 18, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
As the title suggests, I'm currently working on my first steampunk novel/series. The story is based off of the idea I had for a steampunk rp i tried to start. Sadly, the RP didn't make it past the OOC. But, it gave me the inspiration to write a novel based upon it. As it is my first, I may need some help, as I am a little shaky on making it good. Mainly, with names that sound British/foreign. If anyone would like updates on this story, I'll post them here. Also, I will take advice/criticism (but, please, keep it helpful.) I'll post what I have for the prelude-to-the-series-novel here. The title means "end of the earth" in latin.

Finis Terrae
Chapter I
Sons of the Fathers
Aboard the aer navis (air ship) Father da Vinci, the city of New London looked less like a city, and more like a festering wound left to rot. Black smoke billowed from every building, except those empty of occupants, or those that had fallen into such a state of disrepair, they were little more than rubble. Carriages  stood, solem and passangerless, in the streets. Oil pooled around them like blood. Though it was high-noon, smog and smoke obscured the sun, leaving the city in somber twilight. Ash fell from the clouds like snow.
Yet, despite it's squalorous state, Lord Councilor Aerin Winsler looked upon the city with pride. Ever since the civil war in the United States had torn it's government and country apart, Great Britian had stepped in as the world's most powerful Nation. After the ensuing war, all the Nations had come together to form the Coalition of Nations, led by the Council of Lords.
Sorry it's so short, but I hope you like it so far and encourage me to continue! Please post feedback! Please? :(
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Lana Kat Fox Rainwood

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Fox
  • Coloring: Grey Black fur with a striped pattern to her fur.
  • Height: She is about six feet tall.
Re: My First Steampunk Novel/Series
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:33:09 PM »
I think you story is going to be awesome I can tell just from the what you wrote there. I'm not much good at writing I just write what comes to mined. Some times it is only a word or two and others like one time I wrote twelve pages front to back in one day. I'm not to acquainted with the steampunk stuff but I do like it. I look forward to reading more of your story and good luck!
LANA RAINWOOD

Offline Bandal

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 02:40:55 PM »
I love steampunk B) ! Anyway I thought the first entry was very good ^_^ . I look forward to reading future installments good luck and have fun :P .
A monoculture never thrives :3

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:37 PM »
Got a little work done. Sorry it took so long!

Winsler was a member of that group. A short man, Winsler was a small, plump, unimposing figure. Despite this, however, Winsler's political prowress was unmatched.
Behind him, the captain of the da Vinci was having a whispered conversation with the helmsman. Many on the ship feared Winsler, and rightly so. they knew if they crossed him, they would end up on a voyage to the savage remnants of America. Winsler paid little attention to his surroundings. his focus was on the upcoming Council meeting. It was of crucial importance, as they were discussing the availability of resources. No on knew what was being discussed, of course, other than the Councilors. no need to cause unnessecary panic...yet.
Behind him, Winsler heard the captain call to the crew to prepare to ascend into the clouds, where they would lose all visibility for a few kilometers. As the ballast was dropped, New London shrunk in the forward windows, until it was completly obscured by smoke.

How was that?
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
  • "LETS FIGHTING LOVE!!!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan Malamute
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205lbs
  • Build: Muscular, a bit husky :p
  • Currently: Lonely, worn out, stressed and bored.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »
I reallt like the detail!  :D  Keep up the good work!
"To love is nothing, to be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything..."