The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Does anybody make legs and/or feet that are digitigrade?  (Read 15828 times)

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
Does anybody make legs and/or feet that are digitigrade?
« on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:02 AM »
I know very little about fursuits, and sometimes think about getting into it, if it weren't so expensive. :c But regardless I was wondering if there are suits that let you stand 'digitigrade' on your own to add to the realism of it or whatever? Like, you stand on your toes and bend your knees a bit. I know it sounds like it might get tiring or painful, but I've been doing it all the time (minus the knee bending) since I was like ten or something, and it actually feels really weird when my heels touch the ground now. :s

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Does anybody make legs and/or feet that are digitigrade?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 05:03:32 PM »
Most digitigrade suits I've seen use foam padding to shape suit legs into a digitigrade form while still allowing the suiter to stand on their flat feet. Something like this:

But there are some people who build digitigrade stilts that can be built into a fursuit, which gives a more natural digitigrade movement and leg shape, again without having to stand on your toes.

I don't think I've ever seen a fursuit that had legs and feet designed for standing on your toes, but I can't imagine why it would be impossible to do.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
Re: Does anybody make legs and/or feet that are digitigrade?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »
Huh. Both are pretty clever, especially that mechanical Augmentation stilt one.