The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda  (Read 1824 times)

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: Legend of Zelda
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 08:11:52 PM »
Go for it dude :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 03:59:45 AM »
I agree on Twilight Princess. I absolutely adored that game, and still do. Have to suffer for the crappy Wii version, though, considering the gamecube one is worth roughly fifty bones, now. Glad at least my friend has it, I can play it over there or borrow it. I love so much about that game, from the atmosphere to the bosses and then some.

Ocarina is a pretty close second, and I really say that Skyward Sword takes a solid third. I enjoyed SS for its battles, especially on Hero Mode. It was fun to finally have free reign over where Link swings his sword, sprinting and kick climbing were absolutely awesome additions, the silent realm challenges are fun and the last couple bosses are pretty neat, Demise especially. Yes, I like Majora's Mask, but it's stuck at 4. It's good, but having to reset everything every "three days," and being so constrained by that time was a pain in the ass; even with the slow time. It was gratifyingly dark, however.

Offline Cherrylazerboom

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 07:31:51 AM »
Yeah, the music is so amazing and sometimes I listen to a playlist of it on youtube. I like the part where Midna lost her powers and she's completely white and the music is just so sad and moody. Maybe it's just me that's so emotional but it was just such an amazing feeling when I killed Ganondorf in the final fight and saved everyone. x)

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 07:48:47 AM »
Oh God, Midna's Lament almost made me cry back in the day. Today, it's a great emotional track, but its impact is so much more in game. I also love all the homages to the older game songs that are either well disguised or perfectly remastered. All the references to Ocarina of Time are also wonderful use of continuity.

And that fight with Ganondorf bested the one from Ocarina of Time, if you ask me. It featured the same parts plus two. I mean, Ganon in OoT was very theatrical, but this encompassed every single thing that you have ever seen Ganondorf as. Warlock, beast, Cavalryman and swordsman. It's just so gratifying to kick his ass at everything he's supposedly so good at.

Offline Cherrylazerboom

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 08:59:43 AM »
Yeah :<
Yes me too, I have a CD I got with my skyward sword with the songs because it was their 25th anniversary. It's a live orchestra and is really cool to look and listen to :)
And I prefer the fight against Ganon in Oot actually, like how in the end he became this huge beast and you make the finall blow and when you run down the tower and afterwards watch it fall.
But on the other hand I think the Twilight Princes fight is pretty nice too, like in the end you actually fight him as he is and not some kind of monster, just you against him.

I don't like The Imprisoned from skyward sword, they were SO close to bring in that dark aspect of evil into this colorful and cute little game but they just didn't make it. The design is just so... bad. and the boss fight wasn't very fun either, you know, cutting of his...mushroom...toes... <.< They also made you fight him 3 times so in the third fight it became annoying. :/
Also steroid pumped Ganon... I know he has the triforce of power but please haha, I think he was more menacing in Twillight princess or Ocarina of time.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 08:02:38 PM »
I got the very same disc, and I agree thoroughly. I love orchestra to begin with, so there's that. :P

Spoiler for Ocarina of Time Game ending stuff:
Well, technically the tower collapses after you defeat Ganondorf the first time and he "dies," vomiting blood. And after you watch it collapse, Ganon bursts forth from the rubble. The battle is fantastic, with Zelda reacting to your damage and when you finally win, he dies realistically, with a stab to the head.

But, in my opinion, the TP one has so much more going on.
Spoiler for Twilight Princess Game ending stuff:
You have to use the items you've collected after every boss to break through the barrier surrounding Hyrule Castle with a rather interesting cutscene, showcasing what the "true power" of Midna's ancestors is. You go through the castle, though with less interesting puzzles than in Ocarina, but with a tad more creepiness. Then you finally reach the final room of the tower, greeted by Ganondorf almost like in OoT, but no pipe organ this time. He gives you a little monologue, then possesses Zelda and uses her to fight you. So you have to attack the one you have to save. After finally finishing the repeat of OoT's first final battle, you go to fight Ganondorf in his primal form and make use of yours. Giant Boar with absolute magical control versus wolf and imp wth slight powers, sounds totally fair. Still, you win anyway. Thinking you've won, you approach Zelda, have a little chat, then are greeted by Ganondorf's Godly form. In which, Minda forces you two outside in an act of selflessness, the first one you actually see. She seemingly sacrifices herself, as even her ancestor's power is not enough to kill Ganondorf. You then are forced to fight him on horseback, all the while evading his ghost cavalryman and trying to hit him with a light arrow to spin attack him. Even then, catching him can be a challenge, and rightly so. After finishing that, he STILL gets up, and now it's a one on one duel, with you in total control of how you approach it. After finally winning that, you stab him through his wounded chest and he lumbers towards you with a sword dangling from his body. You save Mindna, see her in full form, and she destroys the only way for you to get to her when returning to her realm. It's a happy ending and a sad ending, all the same.

Spoiler for Skyward Sword:
I agree that The Imprisoned sucked, but I really enjoyed fighting Ghirahim on all three occasions. So he makes up for it, if you ask me. Likewise, Skyward Sword is, chronologically, the first instance of the standard LoZ conflict, so Ganondorf will be in his original form. Just like Zelda was, and how Link was actually able to take control of the triforce, making him Godly as well. Skyward Sword did lack in some darkness, but... Zelda did kinda have her soul eaten, so we still had something. Too bad they went with Cursed Bokoblins instead of Re-deads, they filled the same role, but it just wasn't the same. However, the Silent Realms were pretty freaky, by times. Not in the fact of being scary, but the fact you're like "OH GOD, WHERE IS THE **censor** TEAR, JESUS I ALMOST GOT HIT, GET ME OUT PLEASE." Just adrenaline. I have got to say, though. The first time I fought Demise, he was a hell of a deal. I died way too much, I think. XD But it was so freaking cool to use lightning he summoned, coursing it through your sword, and throwing it back at him, finally defeating him just like in Twilight Princess. Still not top caliber, but good.

Offline Cherrylazerboom

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 07:12:23 AM »
Ack! I need to play the games again xD I have forgotten so much lmao