The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: GTA Online: Crew Started Up "The Furry Alliance"  (Read 5084 times)

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Slender but fit
  • Currently: Optimistic
GTA Online: Crew Started Up "The Furry Alliance"
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for stopping by to read about GTA: Online and the crew I have started up for the potential fans of the legendary R* series.  Now jumping right into it, I'm gonna sum up real quick that this is for XBOX360 players only.  Now, this crew is for people who are tired of banding together with random people/kids and want to play with like-minded individuals, and have a good time, and MAYBE even possibly grow...  This is primarily going to be a fun crew where we can get together and just have some REALLY memorable times in the GTAV universe.

THAT said.. some of you may not even KNOW what GTA: Online is yet.  Well first of all, yes it's part of GTAV and comes with GTAV out on September 17th, but the ONLINE features won't be unlocked until October 1st (they are still working on a few things).  It's very much NOT JUST a simple multiplayer mode anymore.. it's become a lot more than that.  Very similar to a GTA MMO game now.  It's too much to try to explain here, so I'd suggest if you haven't heard anything and your interest is peaked, head over and watch first, this trailer, and then follow that with the GTAV'oclock episode I have linked below because they spent 1 hour with the GTA: Online mode and can explain it's CONCEPT, SCOPE, and IN-DEPTH features better than anyone else.

1. GTA: Online Trailer:  Grand Theft Auto Online: Official Gameplay Video
2. GTAV'oclock:  GTA V - GTA V o'clock - MASSIVE GTA ONLINE PREVIEW

So basically as you can see, you'll be your own person with your own money, reputation, and property on your own account, FREE!

It's massive... 

Now with that, I am building our crew together so when the ONLINE launches, we're ready to go and we can jump in and have fun.
When you go to join, I will talk to you a bit before accepting your 'application'.  If you want to speedy the process, send me a message with your invitation just to introduce yourself, tell me a bit about yourself.  I just want to make sure you're not some immature or underage person who's looking to 'fit' in, or some weirdo in general... So please keep in touch on there.

We also need an artist for the emblem to design our logo.  So if you are artistically inclined, let me know and I will make you a Representative to the crew and you'll then be able to use the Emblem Editor that's right there in the Social Club itself to put together and publish the new Emblem. 

The link to the CREW:  http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/chops_gang

See you on the otherside!! XP
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:17:31 PM by Laphin »

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: GTA Online: Crew Started Up "The Furry Alliance"
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »
Starting an idea is difficult, but it can be successful when following a process. I'm gonna give you some quick tips on how to make your crew a bit more popular.

First of all, don't post forum announcements yet. The reason for this is that your crew only has 2 people in it, including you, it's not really going to be considered very large with only two people in it, no one is really going to join it cause why would they. So first of all you need a bit more members to get your crew started, sounds a bit paradoxical doesn't it? Well, the way to get your first initial members is to Personal Message good friends of yours, try and work your to 25 members, just through steam and friends without any official announcements.

Once you have about 25 members from friends and random invites, then you make a forum post. If you want your crew to be big, you need to act like it's already big. Take my FDF forum post as an example: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=20470.0 This thread was made when I only had 9 members, but going from 9 to 71 members, I haven't changed the body of text at all (the only thing I changed was the member list). You need to convey to people you are a BIG group, you need to act like you're an already established group with a clearly defined goal and there's already an active community behind you, even if there isn't. Through this method, an active community will actually form, this is known as "The Stand Alone Complex" and is essentially saying that even if you don't have an active community, the idea of having an active community will have people create an active community.

Then, you need events, competitions, things that make your group worth while. Why should people join your crew? Why not a different crew that might be a little bit bigger? You need to give them a reason. This means you need to be willing to work, you need to play the game a LOT and you need to start events and so forth for that game, when I make something big, generally what stops it is that I get bored of the game and so I stop playing and then the events stop (because although you can trust some people to start events, generally you need to be the one to start most of them because if you don't then people will eventually stop making events themselves and the group becomes less important). So what is generally the hardest thing about owning a crew is that you need to be DEDICATED and play the game every day, even when you don't feel like it.

That's just some helpful tips.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
The second part I plan to do, whole heartedly.. it should be great.

Mucho gracias for the first tips. :D

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:49:07 AM »
I know I barely come on the forums any more (like.. ever) but this showed up in google while I was taking a look around for some furry crews!
I'll definitely join if there's one starting up around here. ^^

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 04:13:32 PM »
Our crew is called "Chops Gang".  See you on GTA!!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
I only have PS3 :/