The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for Minecraft adventure map playtesters!  (Read 2136 times)

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
Looking for Minecraft adventure map playtesters!
« on: December 31, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »
Hey guys, my friend and I have spent the last 5+ months and hundreds of hours building a full-length Minecraft adventure map, called War for the Realms, and we need people as soon as possible to playtest it for us! There are no mods to install, only a custom resource pack. Part of this whole QA process is determining an approximate running time for the map so I can't say exactly how much time it'll take, but we could speedrun it in 75 minutes and one tester we already got took 3 1/2 hours (he hadn't played MC in a year though :P)

The map is best played in co-op but is perfectly fine singleplayer as well, the combat will just be harder. We have keep inventory on and frequent checkpoints. There are special instructions however (included as a text file in the overall map folder) for making the map run properly on a multiplayer server, since our map goes into the nether and you'll have to do a minor change to make your server recognize it properly.

We are shooting for a January 6 release date, so if you are interested please play through it and submit all feedback to me as quickly as possible! We want to know your overall gameplay experiences, but of course any bug reports such as broken redstone, checkpoints/spawns not working, severe balancing issues, blatant "behind the scenes pieces" (such as redstone wiring) being visible, etc are relevant as well. Post in this thread or PM me if you want to be a tester and I'll personally work out with you how to get you the necessary files. You WILL receive credit in our forum posts and at the end of our map for helping us test it if you want  :)

Hope to hear from some people soon!  ^_^

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline L4BY_

• Maze Designer // DDR Player // Coaster Enthusiast
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver fox
  • Coloring: Grey and dark grey fur, white on some areas, green eyes.
  • Height: Slightly smaller than the average size
  • Build: Average // Can be feral or anthro
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Probably in some arcade right now playing DDR
Re: Looking for Minecraft adventure map playtesters!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:50:26 AM »
Oh fudge, release date is today.
God, if only I saw this earlier. I play Minecraft a lot, I ever have my own server.
I'll try the map out when I'll get back home tonight.

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:30:26 PM »
Oh fudge, release date is today.
God, if only I saw this earlier. I play Minecraft a lot, I ever have my own server.
I'll try the map out when I'll get back home tonight.

Same! I wouldn't mind doing a run through anyway. I always like to see peoples creations. ^_^
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline L4BY_

• Maze Designer // DDR Player // Coaster Enthusiast
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver fox
  • Coloring: Grey and dark grey fur, white on some areas, green eyes.
  • Height: Slightly smaller than the average size
  • Build: Average // Can be feral or anthro
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Probably in some arcade right now playing DDR
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:53:31 PM »
Soo..
Where can I download the map?

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 02:46:41 AM »
Hey! Glad to see there's some interest after all!  :D  We went ahead and released it a few days early since I hadn't gotten any response  :P  But you can go here to download the map: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2261614-war-for-the-realms-new-voice-acted-open-world-162-adventure-map/

We'd love it if you could play all the way through it and leave your feedback in that forum post, we're up to 122 downloads and trying to keep the thread alive as response so far has been very positive! If you have any problems with the download process, either post in that forum and my friend (username there is Flaryeth) will get back to you asap or post here/PM me, and if it's a technical problem on our side I'll give the word to him (the server and world files are located on his PC and as the creator of the topic he'll have to fix any errors within the post.)

Hope you enjoy the map!  ^_^

Around the flames
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 01:25:01 PM »
Hey! Glad to see there's some interest after all!  :D  We went ahead and released it a few days early since I hadn't gotten any response  :P  But you can go here to download the map: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2261614-war-for-the-realms-new-voice-acted-open-world-162-adventure-map/

We'd love it if you could play all the way through it and leave your feedback in that forum post, we're up to 122 downloads and trying to keep the thread alive as response so far has been very positive! If you have any problems with the download process, either post in that forum and my friend (username there is Flaryeth) will get back to you asap or post here/PM me, and if it's a technical problem on our side I'll give the word to him (the server and world files are located on his PC and as the creator of the topic he'll have to fix any errors within the post.)

Cheers man! I wont be able to download it for a few days, (download speeds have been slowed considerably -w-) But I will make sure  to leave you some feed back, and pass the word along!
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 07:03:06 PM »

Cheers man! I wont be able to download it for a few days, (download speeds have been slowed considerably -w-) But I will make sure  to leave you some feed back, and pass the word along!

Cool, thank you very much!  ^_^

Around the flames
WE ARE AWAKE!