The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Medical News! New Real-Fur Possibilities on Horizon (debate too)  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Medical News! New Real-Fur Possibilities on Horizon (debate too)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »
Tumors are damaged-DNA-containing cells... so those cannot be used (cancerous cells also classify along with this). Now, when you mentioned fat cells, that may be something to look into.
Teratomas aren't cancerous, they're perfectly healthy cells growing where they shouldn't be. When they get too advanced they are actually classified as foetus in fetus, which means that the person carrying them is literally hosting their brother or sister inside them. They aren't technically alive, but close enough. I hope the Total Recall version never actually happens. Human teeth also contain stemcells.
There's another source to look into, but anything classified as a 'tumor' has damaged DNA because it is growing out of control.

Offline Jude Wolfshiem

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php Have fun!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: brown light grey and red
  • Height: 5' 9''
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: curvy
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 01:35:22 PM »
Yeah, but teratomas are only classified as growing out of control because they're developing into another human body, inside of a human body! It's pretty gnarly. (yes, Californians really do say gnarly. A life question has been answered.)
"When you do a good deed, you're really serving your own needs, when you help others, you can't help helping yourself!"

"S-C-H-A-D-E-N-F-R-E-U-D-E!!!"

"No, I'll wear the purple shoes...Who painted the kitten?"

"I know, put my earmuffs on the cookie!"

Avenue Q

Thanks to my fellow cast and crew members of:
Once Upon A Mattress, Mame, Seussical, 42nd Street, Pizza A Love Story, Steak Night, Flowers for Algernon,  Stalag 17 and 45 Seconds from Broadway! I love you all!

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 05:17:28 AM »
i have the same problem with my teeth i have two extra canines jutting out of my gums overlapping my other canines
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 05:22:59 AM »
Had four (one on each 'corner' of the mouth) but they were 'above' the normal canines, not overlapping. I have one left and I don't know what they intend on doing to it.

Offline Locke Wolf

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Chance a draw?
    • Mypace? o.-
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf(Formerly Vampiric)
  • Coloring: Dark grey and black
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 07:46:23 AM »
I had an extra canine on the right side when I was a kid, I just had it removed when I was little though. >.o