The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Lack of free therapy hotlines or anyone to listen to me  (Read 467 times)

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Looking for friends
Lack of free therapy hotlines or anyone to listen to me
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:22:10 AM »
So, I see there are some suicide and crisis hotlines, but those aren't right for me. I'm not feeling suicidal. I just need to vent my emotional problems. I can only see my therapist once every two weeks, it's all I can afford. And there isn't much I can get out in an hour. He always asks how I've been and what's happened. By the time I cover two weeks of events, time's up, and I can't get everything out. I've even heard that people called crisis or suicide hotlines just to vent, and the person from the hotline said that if they weren't feeling suicidal, they wouldn't talk to them.

I keep searching for a free therapy hotline and find nothing at all. There's a few text chats, but, I'd really want voice chat, I much prefer it. I feel text just doesn't convey emotions as well for me. It's easier to speak my mind than type it sometimes. I would even be willing to pay like $50 a month. But no. Any of the therapy hotlines I've seen... the cheapest was $1 per minute. That's already $60 just for one freaking hour. I'd be spending thousands a month. And even if the suicide hotlines will talk to me, I'd feel like I was being selfish because someone else needs to talk to that counselor more than I do.

Anyone know what I can do? The few friends I do tell my problems too are getting fed up with hearing my bs. I don't even want advice, I just need someone to listen and respond. At this point I am willing to pay someone $50 a month for this. I know that's practically nothing but I have other bills to pay.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Re: Lack of free therapy hotlines or anyone to listen to me
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 11:45:22 AM »
I've heard 7 Cups of Tea is good, but I haven't tried it.

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
  • Build: Slender
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 05:55:54 PM »
You can talk to me for free, but I don't have Skype or anything, so it would have to be text, but if you want someone to talk to, I'm here for ya.

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Looking for friends
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 07:41:49 AM »
I've heard 7 Cups of Tea is good, but I haven't tried it.
The problem is it's only text. I can't find any free voice chat ones. I mean I can do text but it'd be so much better to voice chat.

I can also do phone calls, I have unlimited minutes but obviously has to be someone in the USA. I know Skype can call phones too but it's expensive.