The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Stop Yulin 2015  (Read 813 times)

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
Re: Stop Yulin 2015
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 07:20:40 PM »
I'm definitely done buying meat... I never really bought meat anyway, but i'm gonna cut back on things containing meat too. I was exposed to slaughterhouse footage a long time ago when i was little and was traumatized but i blocked it out of my head for years. But i'm never going to recover from this Chinese crap. And i can't justify being pissed at them when i know what happens here.

It's just awful that those people actually intend to make animals suffer as much as possible and for as long as possible. Especially if they are staged. Actuay going out of their way to make it especially horrible. Why. I've seen stuff that would be too extreme for a Saw movie.

I want to look away, but when i do i feel like i am abandoning them. But i don't even know how i could help in the first place. I've never felt so empty in my life. As i lay here in my warm bed, i think to myself constantly, "why am I the one here and not the one being brutally tortured? I don't deserve this life any more than they do. It's completely up to chance that those acts mentioned above aren't happening to me right now." I lay here imagining what animals go through while i'm trying to get some sleep - something that many of them will never even experience in their life.
I can't escape thinking about it for one second. And now i have new triggers, that's fun. I reach into my oven to pull out some biscuits i just made; "oh, so that's what being cooked alive must feel like" as it burns my arm. And i have a panic attack. I get anxiety when i take hot showers. I lay on my warm cozy bed; "i wonder what it's like to sleep on rusty chicken wire for my entire life, without the ability to move, for years, and actually look forward to being brutally murdered". I'm constantly simulating it in my head like i'm there and i can't escape it. But why am i complaining. My life is great.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:56:42 PM by Teiko »
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 08:11:55 PM »
This is sadly also a reality for not just animals, but humans as well.
But then that's why we need to do something about it, no?
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »
I want to know how to stop it ;___;

Yeah i can stop eating meat... (Which i decided to stop purchasing it), But realistically, it's not going to make a difference, at least not any time soon. And even if the meat industry improves, it is simply human nature to cause suffering. People will still torture animals for money or fun, or from ignorance. And yes, we do it to eachother too. Like the punks who hunt down old helpess people and brutally torture them for fun. Or religious extremists who feel they have to kill. We always want to hate hate hate. Hate black people. Hate gay people. They don't have rights. Hate animals. They don't have rights. People are horrible. We use the most ridiculous thoughts to justify the most HORRIBLE acts. "Oh, i have this random thought that if i make this dog beg for death that it will taste slightly better? Sorry dog, you get to suffer." Where i live animal abuse in any way is illegal and i am extremely thankful for having grown up here. I don't know how the meat industry gets around this, but i guess they do. But in China there is no law against torturing of animals. You can do it out on the streets where everyone can see. I hear that it is getting better as more people over there become aware but how many millions more will suffer while we sit on our hands? I want to stop ALL of it NOW but i don't know how. I can't even scratch the surface of the issue. If people want to hurt animals for sick pleasure, and there's no law to stop it, and they don't WANT to learn, THEN WHAT CAN I DO???

I am constantly imagining myself as an animal that is about to suffer a horrifying death right now, and thinking "somebody help me!!! PLEASE!!! HELP ME!!! Stop sitting there doing nothing!!!!"
And i'm the one abandoning them.

Most of them don't even know there are friendly people. As they are being tortured, they don't even beg for someone to help them because they think they are all alone.

I wonder what's worse. To be betrayed and abandoned, or to have no hope and think you are alone from the very start. I wish everyone could experience that kind of depression, fear, and pain at least once.

Those animals must wonder... "Why is this happening to me??? What did i do wrong????"
I want to tell them that they did nothing wrong ;___; nothing at all.

...the staging thing for money is the worst thing i've ever heard of or imagined in my entire life. I feel like i'm in a nightmare waiting to wake up. It makes me want to end it. But if those animals don't have the option of ending it for themselves then i will endure it just like them.

Post Merge: June 17, 2015, 09:11:03 PM
Nick likes to help moths who are facing some misfortune. Then i turn my back and i will see 10 people squash a moth that's minding it's own business outside. And they laugh.

I'm not traumatized by them squashing a bug, but it's the thought process that goes on in their mind that horrifies me. Maybe you just caused that species to become endangered. Maybe it already is. Maybe it is a rare species and you just killed a moth bearing hundreds of eggs. But at least you got your fix to kill. I saw them squash a bug, but i can probably infer that their love of killing and tormenting does not end there. People are scary.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:25:01 PM by Teiko »
  • Signature art by: Teiko