The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Guilt  (Read 525 times)

Offline Shast Averin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • For the Holy Land!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dire Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey, Blue, and Red
  • Height: 6.5 ft
  • Weight: Slim.
  • Build: Tall but on the slimmer side.
  • Currently: Looking for a Lord to serve! :D
Guilt
« on: June 22, 2015, 03:21:19 AM »
I see all these nice Furry's on this sight, I get to reading their story's and this may sound odd, but every horrible thing that happened to them, I feel like I'm responsible for everything. I know that I didn't do It but it feels as if I had. I figured I could post it next night but I couldn't sleep, when I did I had nightmares. Someone broke in my house and killed every one I loved and then killed me last.I could take it if that's guilt fighting inside me. I wake up heart pounding and paranoid. When I somehow went asleep again, I had another nightmare that I was in school, bad enough? It got worse. I was getting punched and stabbed while everyone stood around laughing me and the person stabbing me. I would't die, It just kept going. I got one kick in and I fell. I woke up again. I can only tell that is guilt again. Why do I feel guilty for something I haven't done? I've done things that I feel guilty about but I'm over it. Let's hope I can sleep tonight, If I can make myself.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:44:44 AM by Shast »

Offline Eclipse1

• Avid Aardvark
  • Simply silly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxie
  • Currently: Derpy
Re: Guilt
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 08:13:23 PM »

I'm no psychologist but I hope my opinion helps.

The guilt seems to be the effects of anxiety. Both are evident in you because of the wild dreams you've been having and for the personal text that you filled with "on edge". Guilt is a defense mechanism to protect the human ego. The dreams serve as a way for your mind to vent out all these distressing feelings through a safe place. You're waking up the way you do because you were doing it in your sleep (whether you dreamed it or not), again as part a way to safely release all the stress.

But to try to get to the cause of this using what you've said, the dream interpretations I'm reading mention a general feeling of powerlessness. Like you can't do anything about it and you're having problems dealing with it (and connecting that with what I said earlier, you might be feeling anxious because of that and your ego's masking that through guilt). Putting the meanings of your dreams together, that's being caused by a falling out you had with someone important or close to you in your life (supported by the dream interpretation: "...some important and significant relationship has been severed"). The dream interpretation for the killer you mentioned mentions, "...essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off", which leads me to believe there may be issues with the family, a lover or very close friend.

I don't know what happened and frankly, that's none of my business. I will suggest, though, taking some time off to ease the pressures associated with the situation. Don't put so much on yourself because it's not actually your fault, even if they may tell you differently. To help you better deal with everything, I recommend a psychologist. Talking it out with somebody more able to break all of this down and to offer more helpful and insightful advice can only do good for you. Whichever decisions you decide, I wish you all the best. I really wish I could do more for you, man.
In memory of what should've been,
A sentimental treasure to indulge in.

Offline Shast Averin

• Avid Aardvark
  • For the Holy Land!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dire Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey, Blue, and Red
  • Height: 6.5 ft
  • Weight: Slim.
  • Build: Tall but on the slimmer side.
  • Currently: Looking for a Lord to serve! :D
Re: Guilt
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 04:31:13 AM »
Thanks. It helps more than you think. I think I know why and I am understanding and coming to terms with the relationship being severed, she did't sever herself just from me, but the whole world. I can only assume that is what happened due to her last words to me where "You're too good for me, Call me a coward or what you will. I am a horrible person. I've been thinking about suicide." I tried talking her down (We where long distance) but I had never gotten any reply. I can only assume that she got her wish. I felt so powerless. This happened a few months back but I am just now convincing my self that she is dead. I could't do anything.