The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperactivity/self control problems  (Read 622 times)

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
Hyperactivity/self control problems
« on: August 27, 2015, 11:04:16 AM »
Mates, I need advice on what to do with myself.
I don't know how to describe it well, but I will try my best.

My imagination overlaps too much with reality. My mind makes me think, that my imaginary world is real. It makes me do lots of weird physical activities and moves, which look immature and autistic to others. Many times I got embarrassed prior to it.
At first I tried to mute it, but it gets stronger and stronger, to the point where it's almost impossible to control.
Most of the imaginary stuff is related with video games, movies and music.

I don't know if I should see a doctor, or rather psychologist or neurologist, and I don't know if it's a legit sickness.

I also had ADHD, but managed to briefly deal with it, because currently only attacks I have, are the ones I described above. 
It was way worse before. I was able to run around in circles for no apparent reason until I got distracted or tired, but not now.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:06:36 AM by Obey138 (Fluffy) »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: Hyperactivity/self control problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 12:08:56 PM »
I have had similar issues, though nowhere near as severe. My advice:

Connect yourself to something fun and Real. If you play or watch sports, now is a good time to go do that. Also talk to your friends, not specifically about the issue, just generally talk to them. It should help by giving an 'Anchor' to reality.

I advise partially withdrawing from RPing/Gaming/The fandom/ect. until you have a grip on reality. This is Especially true of things that pretend to be real or that are lore heavy.

If possible, and as severe as you say, see a professional about it.

• Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Hyperactivity/self control problems
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:52:42 PM »
Mates, I need advice on what to do with myself.
I don't know how to describe it well, but I will try my best.

My imagination overlaps too much with reality. My mind makes me think, that my imaginary world is real. It makes me do lots of weird physical activities and moves, which look immature and autistic to others. Many times I got embarrassed prior to it.
At first I tried to mute it, but it gets stronger and stronger, to the point where it's almost impossible to control.
Most of the imaginary stuff is related with video games, movies and music.

I don't know if I should see a doctor, or rather psychologist or neurologist, and I don't know if it's a legit sickness.

I also had ADHD, but managed to briefly deal with it, because currently only attacks I have, are the ones I described above. 
It was way worse before. I was able to run around in circles for no apparent reason until I got distracted or tired, but not now.

I literally had the exact same issue and I'm glad I'm not alone with it. So if your experience is anything like mine then I have good news for you. You'll (mostly) grow out of it!

I'm 20 years old now and occasionally I can still get lost in my own world, but I've sort of learned to keep it a mental thing rather than a physical thing (though when I was younger it was definitely a physical thing, running around making sounds and what-not), so I imagine the world and to the outside world may just seem "phased out" without moving my body or arms. Basically the things you have to learn is to not do it in public, but do it in private. It can be fun to world build and imagine different scenarios and stuff, so I wouldn't say stop doing it, but try to do it not in public.

For me, it usually occurs when I'm bored or not being stimulated by anything, I don't have ADHD though. So maybe one thing to do is get a portable gaming console, if possible, like a DS and play that when you're not doing anything. If you have a smartphone or tablet search the internet or maybe just draw comics and stuff, or even just write down the cool stuff that you're thinking, that way you have a record of the probably cool and creative ideas you're thinking of. The main thing is to keep it mental and occupy your physical state with some other task. But when it's late at night and your at your computer listening to some nice music, go nuts, just don't wake anyone up :P

I would not see a professional about, I mean you can if you really want to but I didn't and I don't think it really makes a difference.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";