The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I feel alone in my little country  (Read 925 times)

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8")
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
I feel alone in my little country
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:14:26 PM »
Okay, so. I don't know if this is worthy of it's own thread, or if I'm just complaining.
But none of the people I once called my friends like me. I only have one friend, that I barely hang out or talk with.
I used to call my classmates my friends, until we got older, and they began to change a whole bunch. And with that change came the fact, that I apparently became boring, annoying, uninteresting, or a mix of all of those. I used to hang out with a few of them. I used to have a great time with them. But now they just seem to not care about me anymore. And the worst part is, that sometimes they'll talk to me, and I'll begin to trust them again... until they completely trash me again. And that happens time, after time, after time.
I can tell, that I'm that one guy, that you talk to, if you don't have anyone else to talk to.

I'm sorry, I just needed to get this out.

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
Re: I feel alone in my little country
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:55:24 AM »
Sounds similar to my situation.

Offline Maniac

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Green/Dark green
  • Height: 191cm
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:15:33 AM »
I was once in a simmilar situation. And trust me things will get better.  I was never popular in school. I was a billied and I hated every day in school. I will never think of my former class mates as frinds. I found a group of frinds outside school, we all hat the same hobby. And they are still my closets frinds.
But hang in it for a year or two more till you start on your eudcation, then everthing will change and you get to meet a new group of ppl. But if you want you can always send me a pm if you ever need to talk or just to vent some fustrations.

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 10:38:07 AM »
I was once in a simmilar situation. And trust me things will get better.  I was never popular in school. I was a billied and I hated every day in school. I will never think of my former class mates as frinds. I found a group of frinds outside school, we all hat the same hobby. And they are still my closets frinds.
But hang in it for a year or two more till you start on your eudcation, then everthing will change and you get to meet a new group of ppl. But if you want you can always send me a pm if you ever need to talk or just to vent some fustrations.

Thanks for the response.
I just want this year to be over quickly, as I'm gonna go to a much better school next year. I try to not think about being the loner, but it's kinda hard at times. I've tried to talk to them at times, but I can tell they're uninterested, and when I'm in a group and begin talking, they'll just cut me off and talk about other stuff. Like I didn't even exist.
But thank you. My friends on here is truly what keeps me going. I don't know if I could have survived without them.

Offline Neurottic

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Height: 5'5
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 02:18:58 PM »
I'm so sorry you're going though this, I was in a situation somewhat like this. I graduated from high school and lost contact with EVERYBODY I went to school with.  :( and even though I would try to make plans with them, we never went though with them because something always got in the way. I spent most of the time out of high school locked in my room because I had no body to hang out with, to talk to or anything. It was really upsetting.
 :D But it does get better, I'm in college now, making some more friends, and because I dont like being alone, I joined a club and trying to actively participate! It does get better I promise!

And if you ever need someone to talk to, don't be afraid to message me!

Offline Heavy304

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 02:20:45 PM »
I'm probably not the best person to give advice, since I am a loner, but you have to meet new people. I was through a similar situation, but even just getting away from them should make you feel better. Just don't stop meeting new people and the situation should get better :)

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 03:16:48 PM »
I'm probably not the best person to give advice, since I am a loner, but you have to meet new people. I was through a similar situation, but even just getting away from them should make you feel better. Just don't stop meeting new people and the situation should get better :)

Thank you, and yeah, I try to avoid them as much as possible. I just can't wait for the year to be over, so I can get to my next school, and get a fresh start.

Offline Heavy304

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
Thank you, and yeah, I try to avoid them as much as possible. I just can't wait for the year to be over, so I can get to my next school, and get a fresh start.

If you can change seats to be far away from them and just try ignoring or just wooing about the most generic stuff you can think, that should send the message that you don want to talk to them anymore. Try talking to people outside the school as well ( I say even though I have no idea how one would do that -_-)

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 03:50:39 PM »

If you can change seats to be far away from them and just try ignoring or just wooing about the most generic stuff you can think, that should send the message that you don want to talk to them anymore. Try talking to people outside the school as well ( I say even though I have no idea how one would do that -_-)

Well, I feel really good, when I'm talking to you guys. And I guess I could start to some activity outside of school, but I just don't really know. I feel good with you guys as my friends, and the next school I'm getting to is very accepting for many sorts of people anyways. I'm sure I can find some friends there.

Offline Heavy304

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 04:55:27 PM »
Well, I feel really good, when I'm talking to you guys. And I guess I could start to some activity outside of school, but I just don't really know. I feel good with you guys as my friends, and the next school I'm getting to is very accepting for many sorts of people anyways. I'm sure I can find some friends there.
Aw, thanks! :3 Hope things turn out fine in the next one you go to. Just try not to worry too much, just keep walking!

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 05:05:40 PM »
Aw, thanks! :3 Hope things turn out fine in the next one you go to. Just try not to worry too much, just keep walking!

Thank you. I hope things will turn out better too :)

Offline Maniac

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Green/Dark green
  • Height: 191cm
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 09:35:08 PM »

not trying to be mean but the best way to make new friends is to be more open, develop yourself in the real world, a furry forum will not help in the slightest. I ain't a furry tbh but just givin some handy advice. Unless you stop hiding behind a "fursona" you will always feel trapped.

It's very easy to say "be more open". I'm not saying you are wrong but it’s not easy, I have and to some degree still am there there. I am not the most open person around new ppl, not even online.

The best thing I can say is find a group of ppl, in real life, that you have something in common with, and the best would be a group that does not know you.
 In my case was it miniature wargames and rollplay. I was awkavad around  them in 3-6 month, but then I began to feel comftorble around them and started to open up. Not all at once but little by little.

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 10:05:34 PM »
not trying to be mean but the best way to make new friends is to be more open, develop yourself in the real world, a furry forum will not help in the slightest. I ain't a furry tbh but just givin some handy advice. Unless you stop hiding behind a "fursona" you will always feel trapped.

Yeah well, I'm planning to be open about being a furry, when I get to my next school. (Like I said) it's very open and accepting for a big group of people. When it comes to where I am now, I don't even really want to be friends with those here. They're just some people that are in my class or around me, that's just... well, there.

Also... if you aren't a furry, why are you here? Just askin'.

And thank you, Maniac. I'm sure I can find some good friends, once I get to my next school. Someone that wont be weirded out about my furriness.