The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sexuality advice?  (Read 551 times)

Offline Heavy304

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
Sexuality advice?
« on: March 10, 2016, 02:17:13 PM »
So I'm really not sure how to define myself. You might think it's stupid to put on labels, but I like it, brings me comfort. The problem is, I'm not sure what I am. Pretty sure I am either straight or bisexual but I really don't know if it's either since I have never had any sort of romantic involvement with anyone. Any tips?

Offline Heavy304

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
Re: Sexuality advice?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 04:50:08 PM »
God Darn it  :/ Guess I shouldn't expect to define myself if I don't have any experience. Thanks though, guess I just have to try harder

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 10:14:49 PM »
Yeah, I would agree that you have to be the one to really define it for yourself. *Never* let anyone else try to tell you what your label should be. That only causes more confusion or possibly evenot problems down the road.

Offline Heavy304

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 11:43:42 PM »
Yeah, I would agree that you have to be the one to really define it for yourself. *Never* let anyone else try to tell you what your label should be. That only causes more confusion or possibly evenot problems down the road.
To be completely honest, I am the only one trying to label myself :P I only talked about this to people I trust and know have a "clean" mindset about this

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 05:26:47 AM »
If you're hetero or bisexual the easiest label you can apply is the via the kinsey scale.

The kinsey scale is a scale that goes from 0 - 6.

0 = Entirely heterosexual
1 = Heterosexual with incidental homosexual behavior
2 = Heterosexual with more than incidental homosexual behavior
3 = Bisexual
4 = Homosexual with more than incidental heterosexual behavior
5 = Homosexual with incidental heterosexual behavior
6 = Entirely homosexual

A majority of the population lives in the 0-1 region. You sound you live in the 1, 2 or possibly 3 region. By your description 2 seems like the most likely bet.

So, if you agree, whenever someone asks "What is your sexuality" you can just say "2 on the kinsey scale" or "Heterosexual with more than incidental homosexual behavior" or a common slang "heteroflexible"
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Heavy304

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 01:51:46 PM »
If you're hetero or bisexual the easiest label you can apply is the via the kinsey scale.

The kinsey scale is a scale that goes from 0 - 6.

0 = Entirely heterosexual
1 = Heterosexual with incidental homosexual behavior
2 = Heterosexual with more than incidental homosexual behavior
3 = Bisexual
4 = Homosexual with more than incidental heterosexual behavior
5 = Homosexual with incidental heterosexual behavior
6 = Entirely homosexual

A majority of the population lives in the 0-1 region. You sound you live in the 1, 2 or possibly 3 region. By your description 2 seems like the most likely bet.

So, if you agree, whenever someone asks "What is your sexuality" you can just say "2 on the kinsey scale" or "Heterosexual with more than incidental homosexual behavior" or a common slang "heteroflexible"
Yeah, that solves my issue(Although it's more just me calling myself that). Thanks! Now I just have to solve my impossible-to-satisfy behavior of labeling things :p