The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just a Question.  (Read 962 times)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
Just a Question.
« on: April 10, 2016, 03:25:38 AM »
I'm curious what do you guys think would occur if everyone that was/is a furry, became one? (Like you become your current fursona/avatar)

Now imo, I think the race thing would come into play and regular people would discriminate against furries. Not only because we would be different, but also because people just generally hate furries. (I'm asking this mainly because I was working on a story and so I need to make sure what I write is common sense. Rather than me pushing things to the extreme (To the point its nonsensical) just to make a story that I think makes sense.)
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
Re: Just a Question.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 03:39:47 AM »
I think the furry community is large enough and weird enough that if we all became our fursonas that we would probably be heavily discriminated. Might even cause a world wide panic if humans suddenly became furries especi since some people give there fursonas powers. For example if I became Vi Vi I would suddenly have telekinetic powers and become way smarter than most human, not to mention I would become a bug the size of a football.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Build: Slightly Skinny
  • Currently: Im back ^w^
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 04:39:21 AM »
I have never thought about that o-0.Well it wont be good.There would be some racism like bunnys would be labeled as small and fluffy etc.MOST of the people would be ok but some furry may idk... be a dragon and devours someone that would put a bad name on us all for anyone that's not a furry would be even more discouraged of joining.Also some of the powers that some furrys have (mind control,instadeath,etc) would make the world go into chaos 0-0.There would be entire bands of furrys like a military trying to cage dangerous furs or wrongdoers.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »
There would be furs like me, rising up and trying to get a mass furry migration to various areas to either set up their own communities, or peacefully take them over through numbers. A couple groups might try force, which would be quickly crushed and all furries probably branded as terrorists. Some would try to form break away nations, which wouldn't end well. Some would turn their little area into an occult like dictatorship. Some would prepare for a defensive war, like me. Others would just hope to be left alone. There would be some fighting between anthro and feral. I could see groups of mainly feral furries trying to disappear into the wild. But on the bright side, you could tell who won't turn you in easily. A few normal people would show up, either curious or wanting to help us. Some would try to take advantage of us. And we would have an anti furry group like the KKK White Knights of Mississippi form.

Some would try to keep their normal lives, and I doubt they would last long. It would be like walking around with a spotlight on you all the time that says "Do ____ to me"

Offline BlueWolf

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • The Village Idiot-Wol
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Blue Northwestern Wolf
  • Coloring: Thick royal blue fur
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: Pudgy
  • Currently: Avidly avoiding work...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 11:56:19 PM »
I think you could actually throw the X-Men movies in with this as a direct comparison.  Things would no longer be comprehensible for most people, and humans naturally fear things they don't understand (Remember the phrase from the dad in The Croods? "New is always bad.  Never NOT be afraid.")  That would cause worldwide chaos if we sprouted up out of nowhere just like the mutants did in X-Men.  I know you and I would probably look at a bright blue anthropomorphic wolf walking on two legs and go "no f*cking way, this is REAL?!"  The majority of the planet would not.  We would likely be murdered by the thousands (saying that there's 7,000,000,000 people on the planet and let's say that 10% of us are furs, that's 700 million new animals running around.  That's twice the size of America.  If we randomly popped up, my estimate is that 1/2-3/4 of us would all be slaughtered within 24 hours time, provided the rest of us could escape or had people who understood immediately what was going on and could help us hide or escape.  If we were to be rounded up, that might mean that a small percentage of us would actually be captured and sent to labs for the men in the pretty white coats to say hello, the rest of us that put up any kind of resistance would be killed as "aggressive hostiles" (Think the Maximum Ride series on this bit).  Even if "they" managed to figure out how we all changed, we would either become lab experiments or exclusive military prizes, with either a "serve or die" ultimatum.

Now, I would love to live in a world where I could be a royal blue anthropomorphic wolf that walked on two legs and wore a button up shirt, but we can't even get along with each other as humans.

TL;DR: This would end in complete disaster, and I fully believe that World War III would start within days of the worldwide transformation.
I can easily be reached:
PM me here, contacts to the left OR....
email: [email protected]
kik: tjsieling
IMVU: BlueWolf55

Pet's name: Bunbun

Pet's name: Krios
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!