The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Opinions on the new DOOM.  (Read 1126 times)

Offline CryWolf

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Stand tall, stand strong, stand above it all.
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Black- Dark grey- and white
  • Height: N/A
  • Weight: N/A
  • Build: Normal
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixing my SOEIV.
Opinions on the new DOOM.
« on: May 29, 2016, 02:57:02 PM »

Good day to everyone, I decided I'd like to hear some opinions on the new Doom game from Id and Bethesda.
So far my experience has been positive but I was hoping to get a few takes on it from furs, I own the Xbox One version but feel free to post your thoughts if you play it on PC or PlayStation. I'm primarily doing this because I haven't really heard many detailed takes on the game itself.

Anyway, have at it.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
"Feet first into the action... Feet first into the fire... Good luck."

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Opinions on the new DOOM.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 05:31:13 PM »
I absolutely loved it. It was a good mix of the few things I like about Doom 3, the fast paced slaughter fest of the originals, and a bit of mechanics from the Quake series too. Honestly I hope they release a ton of DLC that add plenty of news levels, because this is definitely a gem for sure.

I'd be willing to call it the number one FPS of the year, because I don't anything else will be as *fun*. Sure some of the generic shooters are "fun", but this one is genuinely 0 BS absolute fun.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 05:39:02 PM »
I just finished the main campaign and there's no doubt at a sequel with an ending like that.
I can't wait to play it again, though I hope one day I'll have a PC strong enough to play it in it's full glory.
Currently playing the multiplayer, which is seriously also awesome when my PING is up to scratch.
The match making system could be an awful lot better.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:25:21 PM »
I also have to say I absolutely love the visuals  I like having essentially everything maxed out and it runs perfect 120 FPS on my machine.

I can't take out a small mortgage to get a HTC 1080/1070, so I can't use the Nightmare settings any time soon, but from my understanding there's really visually no difference compared to Ultra.

Offline Dragonbragoshago

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I had fun once...It was horrible
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 04:50:09 AM »

I also have to say I absolutely love the visuals  I like having essentially everything maxed out and it runs perfect 120 FPS on my machine.

I can't take out a small mortgage to get a HTC 1080/1070, so I can't use the Nightmare settings any time soon, but from my understanding there's really visually no difference compared to Ultra.

The nightmare settings are for high resolution !440p+ I believe because it just highly filtered textures(and possible they are 8k quality) so at 1080p and bellow it doesn't make much a difference  (tested with a 980ti btw)

On topic- I do really love the new doom just the way you move and how the action only ramps up very similar to the new mad max movie where the action was front and center and the story was taking a back seat. Kinda nice to have a game that has old school gameplay with new age visuals

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 12:04:29 AM »
I like it. :)