The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hardest Boss You Ever Fought!  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Blaze

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white fur, Grey eyes
  • Height: 1.86m
  • Weight: 92kg
  • Build: Mesomorphic
  • Currently: Doin' Stuff....
Re: Hardest Boss You Ever Fought!
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »
I have another one, Kessler from infamous in Hard Mode.

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 12:49:02 AM »
Ok scratch everything I said in my last post.
I'm gonna practice then take on Duke fishron in expert mode with pre-mech boss gear.
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline Wildrose

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • The opened box was void. Save Hope.
    • Awards
  • Species: Skyfolf
  • Coloring: White wings, light brown chestfur, and pale grey fur. Hair is light pink.
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130 lbs.
  • Build: Thin and lean
  • Currently: Brooding
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2016, 01:34:14 AM »
I have a tie:
Final Fantasy 13- Barthandelus' first fight.
Kingdom Hearts 2 FM (critical level 1 challenge)- Like, every boss and scripted fight after the first trip to the Olympus Coliseum. So far, it's been Barbosa, Oogie Boogie, and Demyx.
Some say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I say a thousand words is worth a treasure trove containing unimaginable spoils. Whether it's hate, disgust, beauty, rage, love, or passion. There will be spoils. And they will be potent.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2016, 09:25:28 AM »
On mighty No. 9 all the bosses are giving me a fair amount of trouble.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • The official creator of the word "kisu"
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White Fur and long Brown Hair
  • Height: 5,11
  • Build: Average build
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 12:22:39 PM »
I just remembered, this old game I used to play on the Xbox original.. called "Gungriffon Allied Strike" the whole game was pretty much its own boss in a way..... there was no tutorial level and straight from the beginning no explination of what was going on.... each level became more and more imposible as the game went on..... I think it took me about a year of constant trial and error before I got to the final mission.... and dear lord that was sheer hell in game form!!!!!  D:    If you even managed to get to the final "boss" (basically just a giant missile launcher that would only appear after countless waves of almost suicidal mech pilots) ... I bought that game back in 2007 I think, and I still haven't managed to complete it!! I tried several times last year and still couldn't do it!! If any of you furs like a serious challenge you should definatly play this game.... it WILL break you..... XD
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:26:22 AM by Synth-Fox »

"A Brief Period Of Rejoicing"

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 04:12:10 AM »
After playing through about a third of Dark souls 3, only about 2 bosses have given me genuine trouble. And that's the dancer, and the freaking abyss watchers. In dark souls games im so bad at fighting the bosses that are about normal size and quick, they just destroy me.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »
I have a tie:
Final Fantasy 13- Barthandelus' first fight.
Kingdom Hearts 2 FM (critical level 1 challenge)- Like, every boss and scripted fight after the first trip to the Olympus Coliseum. So far, it's been Barbosa, Oogie Boogie, and Demyx.

Barthandelus' first fight was sooooo long. It wasn't all that fun either :/ Personally Cid Raines gave me more issues, but at least that was a little more involved. I agree with you on KH2 Final Mix. Critical mode is already a major step up in difficulty so attempting it all at level one sounds insane XD

I'm surprised no one has mentioned any boss from the shin megami tensei series. I just got SMT IV and holy cow the minotaur boss, one of the game's first bosses was quite a pain. It had some AWESOME battle music though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 06:14:13 PM »
Speaking of Shin Megami Tensei... The final boss in persona 3 and every little challenge boss is so punishing. I can honestly say ill never beat those challenge things, and the final boss took me forever.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 09:28:55 PM »
Speaking of Shin Megami Tensei... The final boss in persona 3 and every little challenge boss is so punishing. I can honestly say ill never beat those challenge things, and the final boss took me forever.

Agreed! I've been playing through persona 3 portable off and on for years now and I've just recently made it to the final month, but the floor bosses are toughhhhhh

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2016, 09:31:13 PM »
Wait till you get to the final boss, It's insane. I originally started on the portable version but then after i beat that one i tried it out on ps2 for the FES ending, which is worth watching on youtube if you dont have a ps2 to play it. Or if you just dont have the patience. And after all that theres these little challenge bosses that will murder you.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2016, 09:46:05 PM »
Wait till you get to the final boss, It's insane. I originally started on the portable version but then after i beat that one i tried it out on ps2 for the FES ending, which is worth watching on youtube if you dont have a ps2 to play it. Or if you just dont have the patience. And after all that theres these little challenge bosses that will murder you.

Thanks for the heads up! I bought the FES version years ago, but it got scratched to oblivion :(

I would love to try it out again sometime though even with the gameplay being more difficult since you can't directly control party members.

Thought of another boss that's difficult, but mostly because there's so many bugs in the instance it's hard to get through it!
Spoiler for Hidden:
Mordremoth in the Heart of Thorns Expansion for Guild wars 2
Holy cow it took me 3 or 4 attempts that each took up to half an hour because of the mini-bosses before it that you can't skip. Then you have to hope nothing breaks during your actual fight with him where plenty can go wrong. It's a bummer too because the encounter is actually pretty enjoyable and cool, but the glitches and bugs totally ruin it :(