The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furries who scuba dive?  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
  • Reference: [link]
Furries who scuba dive?
« on: September 04, 2016, 10:31:57 PM »
Hey folks! I don't remember if I ever asked on this forum or not, but are there any other furs who scuba dive? (I toyed with an aquatic fursona since I love the ocean so much)

Anyway, I was talking about diving with my best friend ever (also a fur), and I just got to thinking that I really haven't heard anyone else, beyond one person on an inactive forum elsewhere, and a fairly small handful of artwork.

I have two video links of a couple of my dives in my profile, and my YouTube has the three I've recorded so far.

It'd be cool to meet/hear from any other divers in the community, if you're out there.
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Furries who scuba dive?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:34:12 PM »
Not licensed yet I have had enormously lots of fun and if I wanted I could go straight for my license.
But as most things in life: it costs a lot

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 11:33:54 PM »
Not licensed yet I have had enormously lots of fun and if I wanted I could go straight for my license.
But as most things in life: it costs a lot

SO true. Aside from writing, the ocean and her studies were always a huge goal in my life. So last year in mid 2015, my dad paid for my Open Water cert through PADI. Early 2016, he also helped me split the cost to fill out the gear I didn't have yet, since PADI cert requires basic snorkel gear and you use their stuff. ( so I needed a BC, Reg, consoles, etc)

Three divers bought a local dive shop out, which REALLY improved it, since they did it for the love of diving and not money, and I was their first sale. Ended up running around or just over 2000. Yeah. That hurt, but I adore my gear, and it was worth it.

Someday I'd love to dive with someone besides my dad (currently my only dive partner, so I don't get to go often). But, like I mentioned in the OP, I've been talking diving with da BFF, which is also going to be infrequent, but will be a lot of fun.

I also guess that it's like... spiritual? For me. I dunno. I just adore the sea. It always clears my head and makes me feel peace and wonder.
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 11:38:06 PM »
I love being under the water because it's so silent and it's a complete differnt world from the outside.
A very common excercise which makes a lot of people get scared/panic is the pass-the mouth piece test. (you take one deep breath and pass it to the other).
That's where I don't really get scared or panicy.

I can't really describe it, it's so "peaceful", calming yet exciting

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 12:09:31 AM »
Agreed. I'm also a natural, apparently. I have great air preservation, and even during training, my instructor was impressed when we did mask removal/replacement, because my Reg somehow got out. But I instinctively relaxed it and finished the exercise before I even knew the mouthpiece was out. On my lasts cert dive, it was a boat charter, and a random veteran diver wanted to pair up because I handled my gear quick and clean, and looked casual about it. Then I explained I was in class. :/

But yeah, I absolutely agree. I could talk about the sea forever, and I could certainly stay under forever if I only could.

My first video didn't have much interesting (vid 2 had me and a Wrasse playing follow the leader, and the third is when a Garibaldi kissed me on my Reg) But the first captures the beauty of our kelp forests so well. Even though it did t have the red filter for better color, the shallows of the forest was SO beautiful.

I adore the feeling of flying. Er... More like controlled floating, I suppose. It's surreal, but real. You get that amazing feeling of an ethereal world that takes you out of the stress and pains of human life, and puts you in a turquoise dreamscape where despite the environmental and animal hazards that may be, it's essentially a heaven.

Even JUST offshore on our main beaches here where it's just sand stretching on the bottom, I could still dive endlessly without being bored.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 01:55:46 AM »
i think it was you who posted some vids of dives cant remember

i shall as soon as i can get under the weight limit (chasing the last bit of weight) and can afford to go for open water

infact the on land line is a object underwater takes on a life of its it in my sig is from a old vid i watched on cave or wreck diving and the guy said that and ive kept it there since
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:59:46 AM by saph the sergal »
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 06:56:59 AM »
Yeah! In the video section, right?

That's awesome. It's definitely way fun and just awesome. And fun about the sig!

i think it was you who posted some vids of dives cant remember

i shall as soon as i can get under the weight limit (chasing the last bit of weight) and can afford to go for open water

infact the on land line is a object underwater takes on a life of its it in my sig is from a old vid i watched on cave or wreck diving and the guy said that and ive kept it there since

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 08:59:18 PM »
yea thats the place those vids

yea glad to live in aus where we have wreaks made for reefs and mostly old battle ships and some odd critters

yea little more weight then cash saving im also looking at having a cutom canopy made to hold tanks down so i can just pack and go anywhere

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »
Ohhhh, yeah! I remember that conversation. That would be awesome. Not as many wrecks here, but I'd like to dive one that's deep out where we go on the island off our area here. I'd love to dive Aus someday. That, Belize, and if things weren't crazy over there, Dahab in Egypt would be amazing. I'd also love to see the Phillipines waters.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 10:14:27 PM »
aus has some nice places and im hoping to get some select spots to myself

yea one i had was a camper but they never got back to me so idk where thats going

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 12:49:44 AM »
Very cool. I'm hoping to get my computer home this weekend, and with any luck be getting more video and pictures. Dives are probably gonna be later though. It's always cool to see people who share an interest in diving.