The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Getting Donations?  (Read 536 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Getting Donations?
« on: September 21, 2016, 07:40:53 PM »
Hello everyone!

Ventus here, and I could really use some help.
I'll keep it as short as I can.

I need to  raise money for new car. Where can I do this?
Kickstarter? GoFundMe? (Are those even options for the kind of thing I'm looking for?)
What options are out there and why should I choose a specific one?

What has happened?
Some guy decided to pass straight in front of me to head to the other side of the road.
According to multiple people (from the insurance included) this was an open-and-shut case; The other driver was in the wrong, so we should get some form of compensation. If the damage cost is reasonable, they will set the amount of money up the other driver should pay. If -in the worst case- the car is declared 'total loss', then we only get a small amount compensated, which won't be to enough to buy a car, especially not a car with the same/similar value and features. But... "better something than nothing at all", right?
Well...This is where I could use your help. Because, as it turns out, the other driver has a fake number plate. For goodness sake, the police even checked the number plate (or so they said) and driver license! Yet, our insurance informed us the number plate is unknown, and when we ourselves look up the number plate online (on a number plate website checker), it also comes up with zero results. And yes, I am 100% sure about the number plate. Let alone that even the other driver wrote down the same number plate I saw on their car, which means the police also checked that particular number plate.

So I could really use your help, as chances are we won't see any money at all now, as they won't be able to trace back the owner of the car that hit me. (Nor their insurance number or anything else seems to lead to the other driver.)
We would really like to have a car again, especially now that I'm in the process of moving and fixing the place up; We need some means of transportation. This is all because some dude crashed into me, and the police didn't do a simple job as checking everything properly.
My mum tries to help me whenever she can with the house. Now I would like to help my mum out, the car is(/was) hers. This all happened straight after I dropped her off and was driving back home again. I'm already helping her as much as I can with everything, but every penny is welcome.

Please, any donation is welcome, no matter how small it is.
Thank you very much for reading, and beware for morons on the road. Always call the police if you've had a similar incident, always confirm they checked the plate. And make sure the police check the accident form with you after both parties filled it in. Keep pressing on to make sure they do their job.

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
Re: Getting Donations?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear about all that Ventus.  :(
For donations you can use go fund me. But with go fund me you need to advertise it yourself. Like you need to physically post the link places. It won't be on any kind of browse able section. I wish you the best of luck in raising money in your hard times. Sadly of have no money of my own to offer.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 08:09:45 PM »
Thanks a lot, Dax, for your message.

GoFundMe, you say? I've been looking into it. It seems like a good solution. And... yeah, I do need to post it all over the place, but... maybe I can ask others to help me with that as well. Say, would you be willing to share it around if i set it up? o3o

A thing I don't like is that GoFundMe says they want your real name and seem to display it? But then it says a friend can also fund for you, so maybe I'll do that, see if I have some close friend(s) I can ask to do this thing. But that's a bridge to cross when I get that far.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 09:02:28 AM »
Called the police, turns out the license does exist and the information he (the other driver) provided on the form should be enough for an insurance company. So who the hell has been working like an amateur on this case I do not know.
I will still want to get donations from some where, as even if the insurance will do their job properly, we still have a car that could be declared 'total loss', and thus it will still cost us quite a lot of money to either get it fixed completely or buy a different car.