The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: how about this:  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Fuexline

• half fox half cyborg
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • this text is personal
    • Foxxio
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: foxy brownish, and white
  • Height: 1,77
  • Weight: ERR
  • Build: normal
  • Currently: creating a Game
how about this:
« on: January 13, 2017, 10:14:12 PM »
actualy im Developing a Game which is massivly downvoted with odd Reasons like sprites have to be perfect in shape or furry garbage or simply crap.  what do you think here are some images about it

i know there are some bugs thats why release is in august, but its verry frustrating to see that people have so much hate inside it seems everyone can do it better but if you asked them the dont answer anymore. should i give up?
August 2017 an epic Platformer will be released: Foxfire -Legend of the Firefox for PC, PS VITA, and PS4

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
Re: how about this:
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »
You shouldn't give up, if you want to make your own game then go for it. There are people who say that Morrowind was garbage, so there always will be negative opinions no matter how good or bad your game is.

I'm more interested in gameplay and being able to replay the game in a different way, so I can't tell if I like it or not based on a screenshot. It doesn't look bad and it doesn't need ground breaking graphics in order to be good. You don't have a deadline like big companies, you can keep improving it whenever you want.
I suggest focusing on your own idea of what this game should be, and HELPFUL constructive criticism. Try to ignore opinions like "it sucks because it sucks, 0/10".

It looks better and more promising than most early access games on Steam, that's for sure.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 12:44:26 AM »
You shouldn't give up, but this highlights a massive misconception about game developing.

About 50% of the time of developing a game will be on coding, art, music, animation, and what-not, the other 50% of the time, which I stress should take as long if not longer than all that other stuff combined, should be focused on making the game fun.

Not saying that the game isn't fun, but that you have critics to the game, it's easy to say "stuff the critics they don't know what they're talking about", but unfortunately the critics are your audience, so you need to address their concern and work on it. If you want your game to be successful sometimes you have to forfeit some of your own creative freedom to give the people what they want.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:27:17 AM »
I looked at this many times since you posted it, and I was trying to come up with something to say and hopefully it can help you.

From what you are showing us, the game looks good. It looks great, amazing!
But that's the thing, I can only see it looks good, so I don't know how the game is by itself or the storyline (if there is one), etc.
So I can only comment on what I see here and now.

Does that make sense?

If the critique you got was only saying it was bad and stuff, then I would agree you can't work with that. However, if there are people who gave proper critique and explanation why they feel it's bad and what works and doesn't work for them, it's as Anoni pointed out: You need to work with that, as these people are your potential gamers.
You did mention they don't answer anymore when you ask them why, so I can only assume from what you've said that these people rather complain about something and give no proper and helpful critique.

So to answer your question: Don't give up.

The game looks good and interesting from what I see, but...
Does it has a story to it?
What is its main objective or goal?
How long/short is the game?
(Optional: ) What message are you trying to convey with the game? (This ties in with the story.)

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Fuexline

• half fox half cyborg
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • this text is personal
    • Foxxio
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 07:28:32 AM »
mhhm im surprised now that something found this thread XD

inside im realy splitted on the other side i have much people saying shitty graphics boring non inovative Gameplay lack of animations while they play super mario run, it seems some people came with the inner intention to giva a game critics without wanting it, some people gave good hints what i can improve others wrote only nonsense like "furry crap" alltough it was not my intention to make a furry game i liked the char and Gusnters were boring from time to time

on the other sidei have much fans 90 percent furries and one guy who has a huge steam Group which has ushed a steam game once to the goal of gl, so i think ill make them game for them thats why i react more to their wishes

first i made the game the way i wanted i remember the 90s when gamers had no choice buying a game and play the challenge to give a sumary at the end and maybe consider buying the next part if another will come, but nowadays gamers think they have the right to tell you how a game will be and what you have to put in while bigger companies can make games they want, especialy in the indie game development its realy hard. i realy invested much money the build tools, the graphics, an Art Creator, a Musician, a Promoter. And yes my intention is to get the Money back through the sales on several Platforms so i have a compiler for psn xbla and with 5 months of time i could make it for wii U - itself the programming is not realy hard it takes some time but yoi can programm the ground Engine in less then 1 Month and in two if you do bugfixing, the hard part is the level Design the interaction of the objects and the Graphics

Developmint is still in progress its a little bit slower because my artist from vietnam dissapeared somehow but i have a new one in the waiting line and she is realy good and realy expansive...

someone asked me for the story this is a simple one

There is a forrest called aztec forrest, it is ancieant and old a place nobody disturbed and here the main hero flynn lives with his family 2 children and one wife. at the same time far away in a town called urbia a heartless dictator called ironlord rules his citizens with iron hand his city is modern and his army are most robots and cyborgs. this dictator becomes somehow a little bit mad because he still thinks his enemys will come into his city and remove him from there so he decided to create an ultimate weapon to have his enemys under control and so his scientists build a huga machine which needs so much energy no existing source can deliver it and so the dictator looked into his books and he found the legend of the nine tailed fox which can pruduce fire and infinitive energy it is called the foxfire the book also tells him that every fox has a little bit of this power inside and so the dictator sended his machines out to catch as many foxes as they can to produce the energy for his foxfire machine - meanwhile flynn and his family are in the forest when suddenly the earth shivers and the harvester machines attack, flynn mad it in a tree holw but his family got captured - after some minutes its dark and there is no sound... flynn realized what happend and begins to cry when suddenly an old ghosty fox appears and tell him that he can  rescue his family he is the chosen fox he has massiv power inside and on his journey he will show him every skill but they have to hurry before ironlord can kill them to power his machine - and so the journey begins flynn have to rescue his family and every fox

August 2017 an epic Platformer will be released: Foxfire -Legend of the Firefox for PC, PS VITA, and PS4

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 08:58:08 AM »
Just from the screenshots something that's bugging me is the that the numbers in the UI aren't aligned, I'd fix that xD
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Fuexline

• half fox half cyborg
  • Boisterous Bear
  • this text is personal
    • Foxxio
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
this is an beta screenshot and the gui is only temporary