The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Oh my god, i'm not so satrange O.o  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Manual_automation

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Artwork is © Kalaharifox on DA (I did photo edit)
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan malamute
  • Coloring: light to dark grey with black on back and top of head, white underside (and lower head)
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: ~230lbs
  • Build: Fit
Re: Oh my god, i'm not so satrange O.o
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 05:06:16 AM »
i wish i was secure enough to tell my friends, but every time i think about it i hit this wall and can't, i don't want to loose them (they are too good friends to be mean about it, but the akward thing would murder the friendship) and i'm kinda the 'big tough guy' in my group (beard and all lol) so that makes it REALLY hard  :th_PyongLlora:

This is the wall i hit ----->  :squish: lol
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 05:10:43 AM by Manual_automation »

"Fight fore hope and it is eternal, stop fighting, and it was never there." ^Happy to meet ya'^
~Andrew H.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »
erm, by the by, i was looking around the site and got some pretty hostile vibes from people about 'yiff' art and so forth, is it really that big a deal, i mean, i like it, does that make me a bad person or something?

The reason some furries may feel "hostile" about yiff is because a lot of the time it sends the wrong message to non-furs, making it harder to tell people about being a furry. Furs who don't like yiff, in particular, dislike having it assumed that they like yiff if/when they tell someone about being a fur. Basically, the real problem is that non-furs just don't understand that some furries like yiff, but that it isn't a "requirement" of being a furry. It's all about the trouble of misunderstandings. There really isn't anything wrong with liking yiff, and it doesn't make you a bad person if you like it. Lots of furs do. But of course, just make sure to keep it out this forum unless in the adult section.

But anyway, back to the original question of the thread, I did actually tell someone about being a furry recently - my boyfriend. I was afraid of how he'd take it, but he actually was pretty interested in it and ended up loving the idea of fursuits and everything and wanted to get one. (The very same night I told him.) So yeah, that was kind of unexpected, but much better than what I was expecting.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Manual_automation

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Artwork is © Kalaharifox on DA (I did photo edit)
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan malamute
  • Coloring: light to dark grey with black on back and top of head, white underside (and lower head)
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: ~230lbs
  • Build: Fit
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 03:58:45 PM »
WOW! you're lucky you have someone like that in your life, i think that's the most important thing to have, someone who is understanding and supportive (and in your case with intrest in the same thing) ^.^

and yeah, i had kind of figured that about yiff, the first time someone saw me on the board here at school they mentioned the CSI episode, i never get offended when someone makes a diragitory comment at me, no matter what, but that one offhand comment almost got his arse kicked >.<

"Fight fore hope and it is eternal, stop fighting, and it was never there." ^Happy to meet ya'^
~Andrew H.