The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Stranger Among Bears  (Read 1504 times)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Stranger Among Bears
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:27:20 PM »
OK. I've been watching this series on Animal Planet called Stranger Among Bears, and I'm wondering if any of you watch it. Its about this guy in Alaska who lived out in a cabin with bears for over 20 years. He used to be a hunter who specialized in killing bears, but he grew attached to them. I liked the show but hated the ending because he got arrested for some law concerning the bears. He knows the risks of having bears around, and if they kill him, he can't blame anyone but himself. I think that he could have cared less if a bear killed him anyway, from the looks of things. Call me crazy, but I would have done the same thing if it concerned wolves.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Stranger Among Bears
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:31:08 PM »
There's this kids show about the worlds 60 deadliest creatures, one of them obviously being the hippo. And in that, they interviewed a woman who has a pet hippo. Seriously docile, like a pet cat or something. It was sleeping with its head on her lap and apparently if you keep the key in her bedroom door, it can unlock the door and climbs on the bed with her, breaking the bed in the process.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Stranger Among Bears
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:59:30 PM »
Heh... Cute. :>
But I know why that kind of stuff is illegal, but if someone wants to risk it fully knowing the consequnses, then so be it, as long as there's adequate care for the animal. One day I want a piranah, but its against the law here in the US to keep them as pets. I KNOW not to be dumb and release it into the river, or whatever, but others might not, I guess... BUT! I will move SO I MAY HAVE A PIRANAH!  YEES! [/pointless rant]