The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: im a little worried  (Read 611 times)

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
  • Species: chameleon
  • Coloring: variable
  • Height: 5"8
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: above Average
im a little worried
« on: September 06, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
ok well, ive searched around for a bit but i cant find anything on the internet, so im hoping someone has some advice for me

for the past hour, my legs and hands have been shaking badly, and when i rub the bottom of my arm my pinky and ring fingers go numb, there is no real pain though, should i be very worried?
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: im a little worried
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 08:44:19 AM »
Does your family have a history of diabetes?

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »
not to my knowledge, my legs and hands have stopped shaking, my hand still tingles if i rub my arm, and im feeling a little hungry even though i ate a little while ago, ill try eating something and see if that helps any, the next chance i get ill ask my parents about the diabetes, hopefully thats not the case though.
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »
No matter what the case may be you'd be better suited to see a doctor about it then not. Peace of mind means a lot specifically if your nerves aren't shattered by worry of health related issues, which actually makes a difference. Even if your family does have a history of diabetes not all diabetes are the same and its best left for your doctor to prescribe a solution to you.

You can never be too careful when it comes to your health

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 09:32:38 AM »
thanks or the advice guys :D

whatever was making my limbs shake has stopped, my arm only tingles when i rub a very specific area on my arm, sort of the indent between my muscles, so i think what may have happened, is that i pinched a nerve badly, and my body reacted that way?

either way, im gonna go see a doctor, thanks again :D

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 09:37:31 AM »
Well, for the sensation, there are pressure-points along that part of the arm if I remember correctly. As for feeling hungry, I've had that before when I was lacking a particular nutrient.

But the reason why I mentioned on diabetes is because those are possible signs of it.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 10:22:48 PM »
When rubbing your arm, you could've been agitating a nerve too.
I've felt hunger soon after eating as well, but I never figured out the reasoning...probably just didn't get full.
Also, sometimes people shake when they need food (or have low blood sugar).

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 01:04:16 AM »
so, something happened to a nerve in my arm, and i have to get it surgically fixed, the doctor says its a simple operation so im not worried, apparently i was shaking because of the shock of it, and i was hungry simply because i was still hungry XD  only irritating thing about this is that my arm is constanly tingly and i cant play video games until its fixed, as of now i have to use only one hand to type and such, which is irritating lol other than that, i feel fine now, i appreciate all of your advice :D

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 01:51:47 AM »
Glad you got it all figured out.
Sucks that you need surgery but it's good that you're not worried and it's a simple procedure.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown