The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hair problems?  (Read 455 times)

Offline Tyla

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Awards
Hair problems?
« on: October 18, 2009, 08:46:28 PM »
So I've got several problems to do with my hair, which I do not want to resolve with cutting. These include: Greasiness after a single day, after shampoo goes in and is washed out, it all sticks together (which has recently started happening, I use conditioner, but it just seems abnormally stuck), and those mad cowlicks and kisscurls (basically I've got my right side either forming a kiss curl, with the back of my head having a HUGE cowlick, or it's all like that, and just a kiss curl on the left side, which are a pain to straighten out).

I have dyed and bleached it quite quickly over a course of 7-8 weeks (1-2 without involving the last dye applied to make my hair look less decoloured), and that's when the actual stickiness problem arrived, though that only pokes me when I shampoo. The "greasiness after a single day" seems to be on me from when I was 14ish, and I'm looking at my hormones and stuff changing that's part of that. I just heard that cowlicks and kisscurls are either natural (and you can't do anything), or done by styling, but I don't want to spend most of my morning time sorting them out, since I've got other things to do.

I've done a bit of research on it, and apparently the natural oils of your hair are messed about with when you apply shampoo (which dries it out), and replaced with the oils from a conditioner. (I have no true sources for this, just a bit of googling). This is also where I got the hormones thing from too.

Thank you in advance!

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Hair problems?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 04:50:37 PM »
hehe... i had quite a few of these problems... but i just had a load chopped off... and now as shown in my fursona my hair is always scruffy   ^_^

however as u said u dont want it cut off... conditioner is supposed to help i think... uh, other than that i dont think there really is much u can do... probably once hormones have stopped kicking round like a mad pair of horses inside ya it should sort itself out  ;)
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Hair problems?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 05:41:57 PM »
I always have hair problems, my hair loves to roam freely, so... yea I just let it do that :P

And everyone else looks the same at my college so it's wonderful >:3 (in this case)
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer