The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Bored and lonely?  (Read 915 times)

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
Bored and lonely?
« on: October 10, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »
Sometimes (particularly on days when you have nothing planned), you start to get really bored and even lonely.
I've been feeling like that today- and I know loads of people get like it too, so; I had a brainstorm!

I wondered if anyone had any hints or tips or advice for when you feel any of these, or both at the same time- so if anyone did feel bored or lonely, they could look to this and try and make their day a little brighter. :)

Any advice will do, even if its just a little bit!
Show your fellow furs some love!!! ^-^
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Bored and lonely?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 03:51:18 PM »
I usually play video games, read books, or maybe even practice my instruments...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:13:03 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowshoe Hare (Bunny)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 03:52:48 PM »
To stave away boredom, huh? Well, my methods include: Playing guitar, video games (specifically with people I talk to often), writing and being on the forums (:3)  - to name a few.

The most important thing when you feel yourself slipping into a pit of boredom is to keep busy, even if the thing you choose is a little mindless or leaves a lot of room for thought - it's always better than sitting and doing nothing but cogitating on the depths of your own boredom.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:32:14 PM »
Games, Comics, or just a little walk... actually a walk sounds best to me.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Lumi

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Lumi <-- Kazu <-- Grimsy
    • Awards
  • Species: Weird Glowing Stoat
  • Coloring: See picture above
  • Height: not too tall
  • Weight: not much
  • Build: agile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 04:50:53 PM »
I get that feeling quite often actually

usually opening msn and chatting away solves the problem but when it doesn't im out of ideas :3

Offline Fenrir

• Boisterous Bear
  • Please, call me Asimov.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Lithe
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 04:43:13 AM »
Reading a good book is always a good idea.  Anything creative will do, think up a story, paint a picture, play a song.  So long as you distract yourself it's impossible to remain bored.

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 08:48:27 AM »
sleep, doesn't really solve boredom but ehh at least you don't think about it. talking to people and playing TF2 gets me un-bored though especially TF2
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 03:38:03 AM »
boredom...Well I forum post when I'm bored and play video games and eat and go shopping and write and read and do handy things like build something, install something, play my guitar, bass, order t-shirts online, visit my homies working at EB games, etc.

Offline artimus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6' 1''
  • Weight: 189
  • Build: Average build, fairly skinny.
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 07:35:20 AM »
I have no friends, so since I can't say "visit a friend," I'm gonna say video games and film. Those work wonders for me.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 08:57:04 AM »
When i have nothing to do i usually try find something to do, it can be everything from playing with a chew toy to laying on the floor hugging and kissing my favourite plushie (a cute little wolf) o.O
Mostly i just take a short nap tho...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:00:37 AM by Timmy the fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline rusty

• Vibrating Furby
    • My FA Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Coyote
  • Coloring: Dark Coated
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 09:27:24 PM »
I was feeling this way earlier today! Whenever I get bored I get tired.. and when I am bored it is usually because I am lonely and have nowhere to be and am just sitting around the house. Some ways I deal with it (if my friends are busy):

1) Music. Always gives me something to do if I can hear some great music.

2) Plushies. Plushies are great medicine for feeling down or lonely. Some simple hugs and cuddling go a long way to making me feel better.

3) Take a trip. If I can afford it that is. I will just get in my car and drive somewhere (nearest towns are each about 40 minutes away, just pick a direction and go!) and go walk around some stores and stuff. Getting out and about and being around people makes me feel great - even if I don't know them I have fun talking to random people and striking up conversations, and even just seeing and hearing others around makes me feel less alone at the time.

4) Fursuit. Being alone is a bad idea for going out in public (always have a spotter!) but fursuiting around your house or yard is pretty darn safe, and lots of fun! I do this a lot. Practice pantomiming, dancing, or just let loose and be ridiculous - even funnier if you get it on camera, and that will give you something else to do...

5)... which is make a video, song, draw, make something, etc. I like to keep myself busy with fursuit, plushie, art, or video projects. Having something to work on a clear goal keeps my head on straight (no pun intended).

6) You are already here! on the internetzz1x! ok.. so the internet may be a lonely place sometimes too, but it can be interesting and maybe take your mind off stuff if you find a good video to watch, gallery to look at, story to read, or another forum to get involved in (something that lead me here actually). I like reading Wikipedia for hours too.

So.. those are some ways I deal with it. I'm sure I left stuff out but you get the idea. Stay occupied and loneliness has a more difficult time setting in!  :D

Offline Death Voices

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 5"9'
  • Weight: 156lbs
  • Build: Average
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 10:06:23 PM »
Most of the time, I play video games. If I don't want to play my xbox or TF2, I look through my box of PS1/2 games to see if there's anything worth playing.
Failing that, I either:

Go on the internet.
Play my bass.
Clean my room (It's usually a complete pit)
Go to my friend's house.
Write down some short stories.

For the most part, I distract myself.

Offline Buddy

• The Culinary Kitsune
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Eldrivarian
  • Coloring: Purple
  • Height: 2 feet!
  • Weight: Rood, but he is pretty dense for a little guy
  • Build: Gooey
  • Currently: In awe seeing this old place still around after so long
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 04:34:38 AM »
greetings and salutations. i live in a very small town called laverne in oklahoma. there is really nothing to do here. :( they had a bowling alley, but closed it down awhile before i moved here. i've been here 2 months, but havent really met anyone to hang out with. there is a library, so i read alot, but i really like to play video games and play magic the gathring with my aunt and uncle. i never really liked my unkle because he was always loud and rude, but since i moved here, ive found out i actually have alot more in common than i first thought. :) we like thunderstorms and simple things like watching the sunset (sounds gay i know.) and similar things. i was really surprised :o. so when i get bored i like to go hang out with him at his house. thank you all for this chat. long days and pleasant nights.

Please try not using that word in that manner.
It could be offensive to others.
Thank you,
iKero-chuâ„¢
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 06:48:39 PM by iKero-chuâ„¢ »

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 01:56:49 AM »
I just found a great pass time. Browsing Furaffinity and ebay. :P

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 08:17:37 PM »
I either get on the forums or search the most random furry stuff!  I also play with my cards all the time ^_^