The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Depression  (Read 589 times)

Offline Inky Vulpes

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Use the right word, not it's second cousin
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Teal
  • Height: five feet, six inches
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
Depression
« on: October 26, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »
I am just saying this, no one has to listen or respond, and that also goes for the Mods. At age thirteen, I met a boy online, and his name of Robert. He said and explained things to me that made me begin to think about homosexuality. This was not forced nor presented in a biased way, he just told me his story and it got me thinking about similar thoughts that I had been having recently.  Each day we chatted and became more and more submersed in each-other's company, inevitably resulting in our attraction to each other. We began to exchange photos and talk on the phone to form a sort of long distance romance. In those moments of his company I felt absent of my previous misfortune, like it was still there but in another room.  This continued until my father had discovered our infatuation and he quickly terminated the relationship, in turn this caused me to become familiar once again to the misfortune that had faced me.

Ultimately this lead to several occurrences of self-mutilation and isolation. I wanted to be alone, this in turn made my grades decline, and this spawned my father's wrath. Each day this pattern continued until I managed to move with them to North Carolina. This fresh start would mark the era of my forced socialization. I was made to join various theater and school functions. Alongside this was a regular dosage of Lexapro, and slowly I become something of a content person. However, I still did not long to live, despite my situation, and I continued to remain isolated.

For two years it remained as such, until I had met my first NC boy, Charlie. He was a rebellious gay rights activist in our high school and I would later cheat on my current girlfriend with him, but similar feelings of when I was with Robert arose again. I began to attach myself to our repeated attempts of a relationship, that is until my current girlfriend found out about us. Bound by guilt, I made my appology, and accepted her taking me back. However, in the deep anals of mind, I longed for that boys embrace again. The feeling of his larger hands around mine and the mere warmth of his body could create that same feeling of my problems being annexed. Yet I am still with my current girlfriend, despite my feelings I still care for her, and wish her to be happy. We are nearing two and a half years together (she ignored the affair and we left off where we started from) but deep inside I still feel profoundly guilty about my actions. I cannot find the strength to forgive myself.

All this in conjunction with my unemployment and my pursuing of a college degree, is resulting in my consideration of suicide. However, I do not have the courage to take my own life, and have deemed it more honorable to endure. A lot of people will say not to sweat the small stuff, but here is a piece of knowledge for them:

Even a stone is not likely to instantly explode. No, it is in all probability that it will wear and wither due to erosion. However by the time the earth notices the deterioration of the stone, it is already a pebble.

--Jake Marotta

P.S. I am not looking for attention, nor am I looking for a shrink, but if you wish to speak with me just email me.

[email protected]
[Inappropriate content; removed by staff]

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
Re: Depression
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 11:37:53 AM »
Dang, thats some problem.

Well first off, are you Bisexual?
Or are you just unsure at this point?

Do you still live with your father?

Answering these questions can help me in giving you suggestions.
(:
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Inky Vulpes

• Vibrating Furby
  • Use the right word, not it's second cousin
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Teal
  • Height: five feet, six inches
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 11:42:44 AM »
Yeah I still live with both my parents and I am  bisexual
[Inappropriate content; removed by staff]

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
Wow, that's a big problem...

My advice would be that you should try explain this to your parents and your girlfriend.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 05:20:12 PM »
From what you say, it seems you'd rather just be friends with this girlfriend of yours.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »
From what you say, it seems you'd rather just be friends with this girlfriend of yours.

Agreed.

and well, maybe when the time comes and you move out.
You can continue what you once had with Robert.
and if not him, then maybe Charlie.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline artimus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6' 1''
  • Weight: 189
  • Build: Average build, fairly skinny.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 08:38:44 PM »
My adivce is NOT to tell your parents. Parents and Homosexual behavior and attraction just...does NOT mix at all. If you want to talk to your girlfriend about that, that's another story, but I highly suggest not telling your parents of that. It's not really their business, anyway.

If you're only staying with your girlfriend to make her happy, that's only going to hurt her further in the future. If you truly care for her and want to stay with her of your own love, then I suggest discussing these feelings with her.

By the way, on that pebble quote, a pebble might be small, but remember that it can skip the water as well as any stone.