The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Conflict waiting to happen  (Read 499 times)

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
Conflict waiting to happen
« on: October 29, 2009, 01:13:37 AM »
Well my older brother that I look up to a lot is apparently a troll and doesn't know about me being a fur. When I was visiting him over the summer he straight out told me, "Stay away from furries Markus, there is something wrong with them." Note he said this after I said something about having friends who were furry. I don't know what to do or say. If I tell him, he's sure to go to my parents who can't stand anything not considered "normal" I need help with this, bad.
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: Conflict waiting to happen
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:31:17 AM »
That can be a big problem :o

Well, the best advice i can give is to just keep it for yourself and your friends...
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »
wait it out, get stronger, and then bite the bullet and tell them. Let them grow up and realise that you are who you are. You would probably need to learn some things too.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 11:15:16 PM »
The best advice I can give you is if you do decide to let it be known, its probably best you tell your parents first that way you can explain it to them without all the added drama and hassle of your misinformed brother. However it is not something that needs be known unless you plan on parading around in furry regalia. Sometimes patience can have its virtue, you never know when a more ideal situation might arise that would make it worlds easier to reveal.

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 12:16:52 AM »
The only reason I would really want it known is so no one would wonder why I am going to Pennsylvania for a road trip right before I go off to college. It sounds stupid I know, but my brother is the one who made me want to be a chef and I can't just keep secrets from him even though I never see him anymore. Sorry for the random jumbled thoughts it's really hard to think right now.
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"