The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What Should I do to keep going?  (Read 646 times)

Offline Inky Vulpes

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Use the right word, not it's second cousin
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Teal
  • Height: five feet, six inches
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
What Should I do to keep going?
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »
Calling all members,

I deem my existence of no value, and thus it is difficult to cope with small disappointing moments in my life. What should I do to keep going, please someone talk to me...
[Inappropriate content; removed by staff]

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: What Should I do to keep going?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »
To put it simply, your own value, or atleast your opinion of it, is mostly down to you. You can see no point in life, but then there's no reason not to think you're amazing. Yeah you'll be arrogant and annoy some people, but then everyone annoys someone. In fact, most people annoy a lot of people.

I tried to kill myself a few times, and eventually realised that I was just hurting myself just cus I rated myself low. So I played to my strengths, and decided that I actually am pretty amazing, even if I have major major flaws. The flaws are no bigger than anyone else, cus if you watch people long enough, you realise that most people are equally messed up.

But then, I also know that I can't help you. You should seek professional help, but even they only provide guidelines and suggestions. You just have to live, learn and grow. All that's needed is a change in perspective, but that's incredibly hard to do. Like I said, I had to die to figure it out.

Everyone is different, so I dont know how you're gonna figure it out.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:30:16 PM »
mate... im messed up... i suck at saying the right thing at the right time.... i always seem to do the wrong thing... i spend too much time listenin to the kinda music i do, and dont get school work done.... i have so many flaws i cant really count them.... listen to Asia's advice, HE does seem to know how to say the right thing at the right time... other than that yeah you need to work it out for yourself, but really, everyone is unique... that is what makes us special, part of life.

look up, see the sun.... Inky we're all here behind you, remember that if nothing else....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 04:49:53 AM »
The one thing I can tell you is to be stronger. Yeah, life has it's moments when you get bit in the arse but you just have to deal with it, get over it, and keep going. One other thing that helps me get over the most disappointing things is by saying "So what? It happened, nothing will change that, and all you can do now is try to improve and learn." I believe that you can figure this out. Anyone can. Giving up on everything isn't the way to go. In other words, I say suicide is for the weak. Nobody who has the will to live is weak and I know you aren't because you want help and that's the way to go. I can only hope that you can find your way. I believe in you, Ink.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »
Spike...

Suicide is not weakness. It is a symptom of an illness. Some of the strongest people I know have tried to commit suicide. It's certainly not something to aspire to, since nothing good ever comes of it, and you lose the chance at becoming happy. But saying that weak people kill themselves is very very foolish
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 03:47:28 AM »
Hey, I never got a reason for it. Suicide is a choice. To choose that path is pretty foolish if you ask me. When I say strong I mean the will to get over things. If someone calls me an a-hole I'm not gonna go sulk in the corner and let it ruin my day. I don't care what people have to say about me. If I see no value in anything (especially my existance), I think of ways to FIND value in something. Not give up and off myself. You don't think I haven't tried killing myself? You don't think I gone through the same stuff in my life? I was a second away from blowing my brains out until it occured to me that I wasn't DEALING with things like I am now. That is my opinion. That is what saved my life. I'm sticking to it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:57:16 AM by Spike »

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 09:53:41 PM »
Ok people we're here to help inky not to discuss the moral value of suicide.

Inky, I have been through that stage, It may seem like nothing of worth is in you, but believe me when I say that everything will get better. You are worth something to your friends, family, and everyone around you. Don't make a mistake you'll never get a chance to regret. It will get better. I promise. just hang in there.
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"