The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: housemate  (Read 549 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
housemate
« on: November 15, 2009, 01:52:00 AM »
I like him, I really do, but I must be the biggest jerk in the world cus I think he's pathetic. he's 19 years old, he's old enough to navigate atleast the basic problems in life.

He winges on and on about how his mother is nagging him as if he's a child, and somehow he thinks that's something unusual and that parents should naturally be perfect. Most parents treat their kids like children. I met his mother, she seems like a mother. just... a normal mother who constantly nags and reminds you to make sure absolutely everything is ok. That's how they are!

I accidentally took his shampoo instead of mine (they look stupidly similar), I say sorry and offer it back to him. He says no. A few days later, he talks about it again, I offer it back again, he says no. Then he steals it back, in secret. This is an adult human being.

For some reason, he thought our student house would be rather lovely and wonderful. So he was incredibly surprised that it turns out to be a bit nasty. it's a student house! It's not buckingham palace.

He wants to leave this house in search of a better one (despite the fact that its problems have been FIXED) simply because he wants to spite the estate agent... seriously! you dont have to be best mates with them. At most they're a business associate. They give you a house, you give them money. Simple as.

He also wants to leave and live in a big heavily populated house with his girlfriend who he barely likes. If he does that, we wont be able to stay in the house we have, unless he gives us time to get someone new, but he wont give us that because he's indecisive. He doesnt even like heavily populated places. Anything about 2-3 people and he freaks out. He's being selfish and stupid and he doesnt understand how messed up such a decision is.

When we get in a discussion and I show that actually I'm more intelligent on that particular matter than he is then he just tries to shout me down.

And the most recent one, the whole house makes messed up jokes. Proper messed up jokes that are totally insensitive and should never be spoken of in polite conversation. Both him and my other housemate have been making jokes all week about my girlfriend becoming my ex-girlfriend by realising she's a lesbian. Some of them are down right mean, but I accept them as jokes I can see how a lot of them are actually quite funny, even if I hate them being said. Yet I make one joke about autism, and he shuts down, closes his laptop and walks off.

Yes, he's autistic.

I've met autistic people before, they're generally not as... sensitive or pathetic. He's more fragile than a flower in drought.

Or am I wrong and I'm just generally being a horrible horrible person.

I mean, generally i think almost all men I meet are pathetic. "Just grow a pair you stupid child," is what I think most of the time.

But, it's like, my other housemate and I are supposed to tip toe around him, while he stomps around having a tantrum. Well I dont care one bit about his emo-boy lifestyle. He can act like the world's all against him and his life is a twisted joke of what he thinks is the norm; the norm apparently being surrounded by unicorns and griffins all day.
It's like he just either wants someone to pat his head and say
"there there baby, it's not your fault that that the world is conspiring to make your life a living hell. Now I'll just put you in this biiiig ball of cotton wool, and everything will be better."
or
"Yeah man, you have a much worse life than any of us. I recognise your suffering and bow to your pain. You are truly the martyr of our time."

And I do understand that it's just depression and I myself suffered from it from atleast the age of 4 if not earlier, but most people atleast have some flippin' dignity about it. They dont parade it around as some kind of emblem. He has a t-shirt that says "I have issues." He smears his own blood all over the walls and likes to tell people about it so that people think he's a psycho, when really he has a teddy with a red bow tie in his room. He likes to cuddle it. He wants people to think he's some kind of tortured soul, trapped in a world of blades and angst. All I see is a guy who cant or doesnt want to grow up and realise that most people go through what he goes through. Maybe he's just scared of what'll happen if he lets go of the only thing that he defines himself by.

Yeah, I'm just a bad person, but hey it's not like I care...

but then I wrote a huge post about it just now, so maybe I do. Maybe I can be redeemed...

yeah right :P

So what do the various fauna of this fine land think?

Am I abusing a mentally disabled person?
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Re: housemate
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 02:32:56 AM »
Which part of him being Autistic do you not understand?

Everything you listed are things common in people who suffer from Autism, he isn't comfortable where he is, so he feels it would be better to move out, makes sense.

He's indecisive because Autistic sufferers cannot handle the stress of making decisions.

Additionally Autistic sufferers have no empathy, they cannot understand other people's emotions and this makes them seem selfish, it is not their fault.

As for them being sensitive, they all are, would you seriously like someone making fun out of a serious life-changing problem? Just because some don't show it doesn't mean it doesn't upset them. He's at University, so many don't get that far.

It's nothing to do with being emo or trying to annoy you, he doesn't understand and that deserves a little respect.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 03:12:33 AM »
fair enough really.

I dont think I've said oany of this stuff to his face so it should be ok. And i sent him an apology letter.

still, it's good to know i'm a bad person :P
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:17:15 AM »
I agree with most of what Tweak is saying.
But your not a bad person, you just kinda didn't understand.
Some people who have Autism are like that, and some aren't.
Each person is different depending on the severity of it and just the person's personality.

Your entitled to your feelings and opinions.
Feelings are never right or wrong, they just are.

I feel like he may also have Bi-polar from what you described.
Just try talking to him about how you feel in a nice manner.

^_^
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 04:15:39 PM »
if i could talk to him, I would. He's being all quiet. Ah well, I've apologised through writing. I've asked if he's ok, he's stayed quiet. Ball's in his court.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »
Ugh, "ball's in his court" - he's not going to do anything is he?

An Autistic person has no empathy as I stated so isn't going to just say something because you want to hear it.

You seem to think you can treat him like any other person, it doesn't and won't work like that.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 06:21:13 PM »
i only mean it in the sense that I'm not gonna follow him around dropping apologies in his way. What he does with what I've done him is up to him. Whether he does anything or not, I dont mind.