The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I can't take this crap anymore  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
Re: I can't take this crap anymore
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 07:50:58 PM »
Fake running away sometimes works, depending on them. If you do either A. They'll get ticked off at you if you try to come back or B. They'll get all emotional and want you back.
I don't know how your family is.
I don't recommend this really though since no matter what someone's going to feel hurt inside, the thing is sometimes it helps them realize something.

And yeah, going to Arizona is a good decision.

And just going insane works wonders, and it's fun to finally get all that off.
Keeping stress built up is bad for your health anyway.

Offline Crevan Fox

• Kuddly Kitten
  • The Neon Arctic Foxy
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Neon Green (On feet, paws, both ears, tip of tail and stomach), White (Everywhere else). All green parts are togglable bioluminescent
  • Height: Anthro: 1.85 m; Feral: 25 cm
  • Weight: Anthro: 82 kg; Feral: 3.5 kg
  • Build: Fluffy
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 07:51:59 PM »
It would be cool to live with a fellow furry

Offline codbarley

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Blue/Black/White
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: Sexy
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 07:53:45 PM »
That's good to hear...
I'd leave in the middle of the night. They don't care enough to respect you, so why do they want you around? I'd pack my things and leave without asking/telling them. I'm sorry you have to go through this... (Huggles)

wish I could. too bad mom can legally call the cops to track me down till im 18
I only haveone more year...but I can't take one more year. They've been at this for almost half my life.
*banner goes here*

Offline Crevan Fox

• Kuddly Kitten
  • The Neon Arctic Foxy
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Neon Green (On feet, paws, both ears, tip of tail and stomach), White (Everywhere else). All green parts are togglable bioluminescent
  • Height: Anthro: 1.85 m; Feral: 25 cm
  • Weight: Anthro: 82 kg; Feral: 3.5 kg
  • Build: Fluffy
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 07:59:58 PM »
I have a few year's left too

Offline Timewilltell

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »
How am I supposed to deal with this? I was on FA one night checking out submissions from my favorite artist, and my brother sneaks in the room (I didn't even know he was in the house!) and sees what I'm looking at and goes "HA! Wait till I tell mom!" before I knew it, the whole god damn town knows I'm furry. That isn't the worst part though. You see, I live n a rural town full of hunters and "Rednecks." So they find out that I, a guy, love animals and Anthros, and I get harassed. Oh but its not just the people in town! It's my family too! My brother picks on me for it, my dad thinks I'm a nutcase, My grandmother acts odd about it, and my mother is completely disgusted with me. I honestly don't know how to cope and it's getting bad. "run the clothes washer." "I don't know how to set it, mom." "Its the bottom left. Furry BOTTOM. You like that don't you?" oh and this other time when she gave away my cat angel. beautiful grey tiger at. Loved attention. She told me it was because she couldn't stand the litter box smell, but I took care of it every day, which means that she thought I "did things to her at night." Oh yeah, and I was cuddling up next to my Malamute, Tonka, and she was all like "you know if you have your way with him, your thing will fall off." and made an "ewww" face. my brother constantly goes "at least I don't have sex with animals!" I don't either, you retard... I'm 17 years old for christs sake! I deserve some respect from MY OWN FAMILY. So what the hell can I do, guys? I'm at the end of my rope and I just want some peace... :(

Oh, wow... Doesn't that sound familiar? I get the same ---- every damn day, and it not just because I'm a furry. I'm not really going to go through this in depth, but it doesn't really look things are going to better for me either  :/

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 06:07:03 AM »
Sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle. I guess I'm lucky nobody in my family knows what a furry is (let alone cares). My brother sees my furry pages all the time then he asks "where'd you find all these sick wallpapers!?" He sounds more into it than me but I don't say nothing.

Moving out sounds a bit harsh and would tent to be a last ditch effort sort of thing if it were me. Your family seems a bit immature about all this and I don't know if there's much you can do to change that. It's a personality thing (personalities are hard to change, try asking my gf). If moving out works for you then by all means do it. But make sure you've thought all of this out and that you have a plan. You can't just up and leave without having a plan of where to go.

I ran away once. I lived in my truck for 2 weeks. It was cold, boring, lonely, and food-less...but I had never been more free in my entire life.

Offline codbarley

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Blue/Black/White
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: Sexy
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 01:50:33 AM »
Sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle. I guess I'm lucky nobody in my family knows what a furry is (let alone cares). My brother sees my furry pages all the time then he asks "where'd you find all these sick wallpapers!?" He sounds more into it than me but I don't say nothing.

Moving out sounds a bit harsh and would tent to be a last ditch effort sort of thing if it were me. Your family seems a bit immature about all this and I don't know if there's much you can do to change that. It's a personality thing (personalities are hard to change, try asking my gf). If moving out works for you then by all means do it. But make sure you've thought all of this out and that you have a plan. You can't just up and leave without having a plan of where to go.

I ran away once. I lived in my truck for 2 weeks. It was cold, boring, lonely, and food-less...but I had never been more free in my entire life.

I lost my temper and blew my top twice in the same week very recently. I can't stay here, and I do have a plan
*banner goes here*