The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: bommer the dog  (Read 1335 times)

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
bommer the dog
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:48:53 AM »
hi furs just wondering what your say on bommer the dog here is FB page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151217381558818&v=wall

i dont support the name change but if he want to where the fur suit ever where thats fine. let me know what u think ah btw only 64 ppl on fb support him
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
Re: bommer the dog
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:00:16 AM »
I certainly don't see Facebook as a very sturdy ground as far as support goes.

On topic:

This gentlemen has become obsessed in his world, to the point where he really wants to be something he's not, and act on those inner impulses. 

But to his defense... I would like to use the movie "Miracle on 31st Street" as a reference.  This man isn't harming any one, and he is not a clear and present danger to himself or anyone around him.  He has become immersed in a world he sees as better. 

The court is right for the wrong reasons.  I think people should just let him be. 

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
I certainly don't see Facebook as a very sturdy ground as far as support goes.

On topic:

This gentlemen has become obsessed in his world, to the point where he really wants to be something he's not, and act on those inner impulses. 

But to his defense... I would like to use the movie "Miracle on 31st Street" as a reference.  This man isn't harming any one, and he is not a clear and present danger to himself or anyone around him.  He has become immersed in a world he sees as better. 

The court is right for the wrong reasons.  I think people should just let him be. 

what do u mean by the court is right for the wrong resin?
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:24:30 PM »
Legally, the court is right.  You can't have Bommer the Dog as your name, just like you can't name your daughter Metallica.  Which actually happened...

It could be a title though.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 03:42:10 AM »
Legally, the court is right.  You can't have Bommer the Dog as your name, just like you can't name your daughter Metallica.  Which actually happened...

It could be a title though.

some 1 named there kid that?..... metallica is really good but i wont name my kid that maybe a pet but not a kid

i agree with giveing him the title boomer the dog, if i was the judge i would grant him the title. if he want his name to be changed that bad.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:44:17 AM by icy wolf »
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 04:57:48 AM »
I think the point that Moongaze is trying to make is that "Boomer the dog" is a character from a TV show. The makers of that TV show would own the rights to the character. Just because you dress up like a character all the time doesn't make you the owner of that character, or give you any right to their name.

It might be different if the guy actually made up his own character, but he's taken on an identity that someone else created.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 05:29:30 AM »
I think the point that Moongaze is trying to make is that "Boomer the dog" is a character from a TV show. The makers of that TV show would own the rights to the character. Just because you dress up like a character all the time doesn't make you the owner of that character, or give you any right to their name.

It might be different if the guy actually made up his own character, but he's taken on an identity that someone else created.

so you think if bommer came up with his own name he might get it  :?
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 07:27:53 AM »
It's possible.

Also depends on how he would present his case. I don't know how he acted when the name change was turned down, but he'd be more likely to get a name change if he walks into the courtroom talking and acting like an average human being, than if he walks in wearing his fursuit and barking like a dog or something.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.