The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fursuit, Costume Pieces, and Other Commissions/Requests  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Zahrah

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Artist and Fursuit Maker
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Fuzz Butt Fursuits
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Coloring: Tan, white, brown
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Build: Curvy
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Tired
Fursuit, Costume Pieces, and Other Commissions/Requests
« on: December 05, 2010, 07:32:10 AM »
As some of ya'll know, I started making fursuits and have experience with making some costumes. I also have some experience in doing drawing requests. I have the quote from my DA and these are all just estimates. If you're looking for budget suits, I can suggest a few things to skip on when ordering from me. Just PM me here and I can get estimates on all the materials and for my time. For costumes, show me the type of costume and I'll tell you if I can do it or not. You can see a few of the pictures of my fursuit on my Fursuiting topic or on my DA: http://dragon-lover18402.deviantart.com/

All prices depend on the materials I have to get. If you would like it to be cheaper, I'll see if I can find a cheaper material that'll work for what you're ordering. For drawings, just post here. Drawings are no longer free since I could use even that small amount I earn for them to save for paying back my loan and helping my mate out with other expenses. Sketches are $2, inked or lineart is $4, flat colored is $8, and shaded and detailed is $10.

Commission Info:
I am a new fursuit maker, but I put all of my heart into my work. If I don't like the way something's turning out, I'll fix it the best way I can. I will show all progress on the suits as long as I have the time to. If you don't like something about it, tell me and I'll try to fix it. If there's a problem when I send it, send it back and I'll fix it as well, no charge for 2 years. All suits I make will be way better than my first. I saw my mistakes and will fix them or start over when I have the money for it. I won't be starting on realistic suits unless I can make one for myself and make sure I know what I'm doing. I prefer to work with a duct tape dummy, but I can do measurements with store bought patterns. There is a 2 year warranty as long as the suit is not altered.

Allergy warning! I do have cats and dogs so if you're allergic, please tell me before and I'll do my best to keep your suit real fur free.

Measuring: (This is Kilcodo's measuring chart) [link]

Prices can be lower depending material prices.

Fullsuit: (Look at all choices for pieces and decide whether you want markings and other colors airbrushed or sewn on; digitigrade or plantigrade; extra padding; Two or one piece suit; Tail attached or belt)
Look at directions for each piece.
$450+

Partial: (Look at all choices for each piece)
Do a DTD for your legs only
$250+

Heads: (2-D, 3-D, or 3-D glossy eyes; clay, foam or rubber nose; squishy rubber-ish or felt tongue; fully, partially, or non articulated jaw; Moveable ears or normal ears)
Measure around the widest part of your head, the length of your head, and the length of your neck(for neck fur).
$150+ (Prices also depend on material costs and how hard I have to work for it to turn out right)

Handpaws: (Short or long; clay or plastic claws or no claws; felt pawpads or airbrushed; 5, 4, or 3 fingered)
Make a line of papers for however long you want your handpaws to be and have someone trace it for you or trace it yourself. For 5, spread your fingers as wide as possible to trace. For 4, trace with middle and ring finger together and others spread. For 3, trace with your fingers in the Star Trek's "I come in peace sign."(Silly, I know)(Better to trace on cardboard and leave space to make a pattern)
$25+

Footpaws: (Short or long; big or small; indoors(have foam pawpads airbrushed the color of your choice and can come with fursuit sandals) or outdoors(have leather pawpads); clay or plastic claws or no claws; airbrushed pawpads or other described pawpads or made of flooring; 5,4,or 3 toed; hooves made with wedges or foam)
Tell me your size shoe and the style of shoe you want to use or send me a pair of your own to work with and send DTD of your legs.
$50+

Tails: (Plushie, shaped plushie, foam, or poseable; "free" or "hidden" elastic for belts; your own belt or one I buy)
Decide how long you want your tail
$20+

Ears:
$10+

How to contact me:
Send me a note here on DA and I'll tell you everything you need to know.

Paying:
I will ask for part of the payment first so I can get the materials, I'll wait for a DTD, tracings, and/or shoes to get here and ask for a reference I can work with. When it's all finished, I'll ask for the rest of the payment for my work and shipping.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:31:58 PM by Terra Moon »
My art accounts:
FA|DA|FN||IB|SF

My fursuit accounts:
FA|DA|FN|IB|SF

Offline armagre

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I R Armagare!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: normal fox colors really at the moment
  • Height: 5' 5"
  • Weight: 125 bls
Re: Fursuit, Costume Pieces, and Other Commissions/Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 01:34:21 AM »
*added this to my list of fursuit makers*
GAH i so want one >.> but i has not monies! as soon as i do i will order one! *makes it a goal*

Offline armagre

• Boisterous Bear
  • I R Armagare!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: normal fox colors really at the moment
  • Height: 5' 5"
  • Weight: 125 bls
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 02:50:26 AM »
yeah i did mine for halloween and i've been doing it too
*made miniature fursuit heads*

Offline Lizzy

• Dancing Dragon
  • Hopefully it's Temporary
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard / Rodent
  • Coloring: White and Black
  • Height: 4feet 3inches
  • Weight: 82lb
  • Build: Thin
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 02:49:49 AM »
D: i want one so bad!!! curse not having cash!

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:30:25 PM »
I'll go for a request of my character :D

Ref: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5149454
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 01:35:04 AM »
Yea, I'd like my character drawn!  Unfortunately I've never had him truely drawn before so I have no reference.  Anthro though please.

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 01:55:44 AM »
Well I can tell you his Primary color is light brown and hes secondary color is dark brown. He wears rectangle glasses, and loves to wear a blue blazer.  He also wears often light colored shirts with corduroy pants.  All four paws are colored dark brown, and instead of his ears being one color the tips are dark brown while the rest is light brown.  The insides of his ears are also cream colored.  Also, He is usually in a happy mood, but almost always has a worried expression on his face.

Anything else?

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 02:09:50 AM »
Green, kinda blue

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 02:30:10 AM »
Me, me!

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4368260/

Just tell me if you need any more details that you can't see in the picture.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 03:19:18 AM »
Anthro, please. :)

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown