The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Games others won't allow you to like/dislike  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Games others won't allow you to like/dislike
« on: May 07, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »
There are some games people like, and then there are those you don't like. There are also the kind of games people like too much and will refuse to allow people to think differently, passing of their own opinion as fact and anyone else as invalid, as well as games that are hated but you happen to like. Is there a game out there where if you say you don't like it that much, people chew you out for it?

For me, there's a few games that fit the description, but most of all, there is New Super Mario Brothers. While I don't think the game is horrible, I do think that my DS would become worthless if it's the ABSOLUTE best game for the DS. In other words, I know so many people who give the game reviews so high, I feel they either
A: Haven't played the game.
B: Are blinded by nostalgia.
C: Are pretty much just sucking up to the game cause it's Mario.
And when I say that I'm not a big fan of the game, people usually chew me out for it. No matter how many times I say I prefer games like Super Mario Brothers 3 or Super Mario World over New Super Mario Brothers, people think I'm being biased. *Sigh* All in all, I'd pick CastleVania, Pokemon, even Elite Beat Agents any day.

So what about you guys. Do you have games people bug you about all the time when you say you're not particularly fond of a game? Or, you could even list games you particularly like that people will chew you out for if you admit it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:07:47 PM by WingedZephyr »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Games others won't allow you to like/dislike
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »
I'm going to like whatever game I want and that's it, nobody is going to tell me what to play. I thought New Super Mario Bros had very little replay value for one. I have played several games and even some of the worst I have found joy in somehow, it's always going to be mainstream makes the frontpage though with most people, besides I would rather have only a few people liking the same game anyways so it doesn't get overblown :P
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/Deer hybrid (an akita with antlers)
  • Coloring: Navy Blue & white. Brown and purple eyes.
  • Height: 6''2"
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: large and floofy
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 04:32:21 PM »
Me I play whatever... From Halo Reach to Barbie riding adventures. Really depends on ma mood XD

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 01:17:45 AM »
ENSLAVED is a pretty good game...got it new for $20 at Gamestop... great visuals..lush and vibrant environments...and alright game play....and has some RPG elements to it.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »
I feel people won't allow you to dislike the ocarina of time, I don't dislike it, I just liked Majora's Mask bettter, anytime I mention that I didn't like Oot then they start raging. :/

The Halo series... *shudders*
This.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »
I love the kingdom hearts series >.>
There isn't really many games I dislike, although things like COD and the like I really do not like. They're all just....the same, I just feel like there's no creativity in them at all. NOt even an ounce of original thought.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »
There isn't really many games I dislike, although things like COD and the like I really do not like. They're all just....the same, I just feel like there's no creativity in them at all. NOt even an ounce of original thought.
I really started to dislike the COD games after Call Of Duty 4, you can call me a hipster, but I think it got too mainstream,  they just adjusted the game to fit the casual gamer which doesn't sit very well with me.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »
I really started to dislike the COD games after Call Of Duty 4, you can call me a hipster, but I think it got too mainstream,  they just adjusted the game to fit the casual gamer which doesn't sit very well with me.

if you ask me 2 is the only one worth my time. I <3 my halo and rpg's. All of my friends accuse me of being a fanboy when i say call of duty is an unoriginal reskinned map pack. Apparently hating everything mario and saying perfect dark(n64) is better than goldeneye causes rage too.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 11:33:18 PM »
[/quote]

I'm MugoUrth, and I approve this message.

if you ask me 2 is the only one worth my time. I <3 my halo and rpg's. All of my friends accuse me of being a fanboy when i say call of duty is an unoriginal reskinned map pack. Apparently hating everything mario and saying perfect dark(n64) is better than goldeneye causes rage too.

I know, Mario fans can be even WORSE than Sonic fans in that part. ...Actually, most people I know don't like to allow others to LIKE Sonic the Hedgehog.

Also, I can honestly say I am not a fan of GoldenEye OR Perfect Dark, to be frank. Then again, I've always disliked the genre.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!