The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Are Mac's That Out of Base with MMOs  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Zinc

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'll walk this path ahead treaded by the forgotten
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Snow white fur, tainted to ivory at ends
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 154lbs
  • Build: athletic with supernaturaI agilty.
Are Mac's That Out of Base with MMOs
« on: September 12, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
 @.@ I've been searching and searching the web for a good MMO to download onto my Mac since I gave my PC to my sister, for connections possibilities. Non of the popular games I'm looking for play for the Mac. All I ever see is Vista, XP, or Windows 7.

:'( Make me really wish I had my old computer back. I'm still stuck with an Everquest 2 game that I have yet to install.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Are Mac's That Out of Base with MMOs
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 12:05:24 AM »
Why don't you use some sort of cross-platform system to run Windows on your Mac OS X computer? Lots of people do it so they don't have to have different partitions to run different operating systems and applications. I suggest something like virtual box or VMWare.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Zinc

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'll walk this path ahead treaded by the forgotten
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Snow white fur, tainted to ivory at ends
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 154lbs
  • Build: athletic with supernaturaI agilty.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:48:06 AM »
If i were to do this are there any flaws or downsides with the program. I'd rather have the whole deal than settle for some poor representation.

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Demon
  • Currently: visiting graveyards
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 04:12:25 AM »
Most Macs already come with a program called "Bootcamp," which enables you to dedicate a partition of your harddrive towards being another operating system. Simply put: It lets you install whatever OS you want and decide how much memory you want it to take up.
However, if you want Windows for it you will have to buy a legit CD copy.
Win7 might cost a bit, but you will be getting the full package; It'll run just like Windows, Bootcamp will help install any drivers you need, and you can even choose to have that as your main OS by having the computer start up with it automatically.
But you'll have to follow the instructions carefully and print out copies to make sure you install and partition it properly.
I have used Bootcamp with Win7 with great success. Although I prefer the Mac OS, I have had no problems using the Win7 side for things I couldn't get with OSX.
However, be aware that even if you install Windows, it will still use the hardware currently installed in your Mac. Meaning, if you have an old video card and a game requires a newer video card, the game will not run, even if you have Windows installed.
Otherwise you can try sticking to MMOs with Mac clients (there are a few out there), or play browser based MMOs like zOMG! or Runescape.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:14:13 AM by Valexi »