The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: new to roleplaying anyone wanna teach about it?  (Read 4928 times)

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: gray fur with black stripe down the middle of back
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: drooling as i wonder what is for lunch <3
Re: new to roleplaying anyone wanna teach about it?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 02:59:44 AM »
pretty mush haha and in this case i was going for idk a deity giving a character some new appendage .

my apologies i was just unsure of what to put that time but i do feel like i added some extra insight to jesses backstory. and ik ill try to avoid that in the future.

___

jesse regarded her cautiously and greeted her "hello" he said smiling slightly. he went to stand closer to otebon as he was tired and unsure of how to interact with the griphoness. "i am jesse, pleased to make you aquiantance"

he noticed his sword was still on the ground and nonchalantly picked it up sheathing it and putting it on his waist. he knew if push cam to shove he could use his fangs and claws but he felt more secure holding the blade.

___ _ __

better?

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 07:10:05 AM »
Oh, it certainly added to the back story of your character, no problem there. It's just that after that, there was very little movement following.

Much more efficient post.  :)

As you were talking about a deity giving a character some new appendage, the RPing of that would be very strange, I would imagine the Author would have to furnish you with a lot of information and then you write some epic post where the grace of God comes down upon you and pain everlastic occurs. The final result of this mix of pain and pleasure is the gift of wings...

Or something like that...

If you really want Jesse to have wings, you can always just add it to the character design. Some Authors may not accept the wings (like if you submit a wolf with wings to New Breed of War, I will not accept because of the premise of what Furs are, sorry) but some may (for example, I have been reading a RP named "Lucid Reality" that is based on dream states. I guess wings would be okay). I would say give it a shot for every RP you write a character for if you really want it. When they ask what your character looks like, write it up with wings. If they say yes, then awesome. If not, then oh well.

As that answers your questions, do you even wish to continue with Mira? I don't know if there are any more situations you would wish to practice. I will continue, but if we're done, we're done.

-- --- ---

Mira returned to Otebon and stood by his side with a small smile on her face. "He's funny" she said softly, but loud enough that Jesse could hear. It may have been an accident though as she turned to Jesse. "It is a pleasure to meet you Jesse. My uncle has told me that you are ready for the Trials. I must confess that I am insanely jealous. I'm not allowed to even enter training for another year."

Otebon nodded once Mira had finished speaking. "Absolutely Mira. You will be fourteen in a month. Once you are fifteen then you will be allowed to take the entrance test. Until then you are simply too young. Jesse joined our ranks at an unprecedented age because of his past and previous knowledge of combat."

--- --- ---

Feel free to take that in whatever direction you wish. If you wish to run another sparring match, do so. If you wish to call everything off, we can.

This has been very fun! It has also given me plenty of ideas of ideas for stories and RPs! ^_^
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »
yes that would be weird i suppose
and i think ill ditch the wing idea anyways.

i also think we should ditch mira.
maybe we could start a new roleplay topic in the forum where agroup of people pursue a gang of bandits? this roleplay just seems to cool to throw away.
what do you think?

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »
I am pleased. I haven't chimed in at all because Otebon is a very good teacher as well. Good job.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »
lol i agree ive learned a good deal

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 11:05:54 PM »
To Jovi - Thanks a great deal about that comment on my teaching abilities. It means a lot coming from someone like you. I once came across a quote by The Buddha ("The highest title a soul can attain is that of Teacher") that I found great truth in. So thank you.

To DarylDemented -  If you want to begin an actual RP about chasing bandits, with or without these characters, why not start an RP yourself? I'm having far too much fun with this so far and I think it would be a great idea. Since you already have a basic premise (and hopefully we can use the training area with Otebon as a starting point) just post up an OOC. Take a few days for other players to join in, or it can just be you and I (and Jovi if she wants to jump in), and then we start. I think it would be a great idea.

If you need any help, or if you would prefer I Author the RP, tell me and I will be more than willing to assist. I love writing and reading stories and would greatly enjoy doing something like that.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 02:27:39 PM »
i think we should start one in the serious section.  you can author it but i would like some creative rule over what goes on. and it can be open to other furs if they wish to join well just have to brainstorm requirements. and jovi is of course always welcome to join.