The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: When a latest game takes away evreyone you know online  (Read 464 times)

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
When a latest game takes away evreyone you know online
« on: November 14, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »

you may know im a regular on the furry forum irc chat for my enthusiasm

but today i find my self alone

most of the people i chat with are on irc all the time as well....but today they got skyrim and although they were kind enough to mention why ...but this combined with everyone also playing MW3 meant there was almost no one chatting on the entire forum with me and i have bieng on my own for the last hour with nothing but the radio to keep me entertained

what im trying to say here is that i find it wrong that people have to buy games to stop bieng isolated from all their friends online i appreciate that these games are awesome in almost every way but...its as if game companies try to addict people so they dont bother buying games they were waiting for ages before as well (skyrim could be a fatal blow to the zelda fanbase if im correct) i know this because im one of the few people who want to wait for other games

anyone waiting for other games feeling a bit of isolation?

this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline Ottersmash

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Skeptical Squawker
  • Species: Short-billed black cockatoo
  • Currently: Studying
Re: When a latest game takes away evreyone you know online
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 05:33:04 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with people getting caught up in something fun every once in awhile. No one has obligations or responsibilities to be in online chats regularly, excluding moderators I guess. If there's no one in your normal hangouts to talk to, why not just go find some activities yourself or check out a few new places and meet new faces?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:34:35 PM by Ottersmash »

Offline Kite

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ohai!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Black, White and Red
  • Height: 5ft 3"
  • Weight: Slightly underweight
  • Build: feminine
  • Currently: EVERYTHING
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »
Sounded kind of hypocritical there... You said you'd rather wait for other games, but that's exactly what we've been doing for the games you've been complaining about. I've been waiting since Skyrim's teaser was first released to get my paws on it because I loved Oblivion so much, much like you want the next Zelda. Big name games will do this all the time, Zelda will do the same thing when it comes out because it's such a big franchise - Skyrim is the latest instalment of one of the biggest RPGs of all time, of course it's going to have some effect on social stuff, likewise with MW3, part of the biggest selling games of all time. Games do this all the time because they're entertaining and have gathered a huge fanbase, much like Harry Potter did the same for fiction. These games will overshadow other popular franchises, much like later games will rise up over these. It's just the cycle of gaming, much like every other form of Media.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:57:41 PM by Kite »
Wait, what did I do again?

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 05:52:44 PM »
i know i know but im unable to do other stuff because im stuck on my daily radio show

Post Merge: November 14, 2011, 05:55:06 PM
as i said earlier These games are great and if you want it get it by all means

im just saying it tends to make people who are unable to buy as many games feel left out

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:55:06 PM by maggintons, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 04:16:04 AM »
Join in and see how it is. Or at least go to their house and spectate what is going on. Right now, everyone is playing league of Legends and I feel left out whenever they talk about it. But I really don't care.

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Demon
  • Currently: visiting graveyards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 04:30:38 AM »
Have you ever tried doing a Skype or Ventrilo chat with the people you know?
I have a bunch of online friends, and none of us play the same game, but we all get in Skype and voice chat while we're doing whatever we're doing.
It's quite fun, you can keep playing whatever you want to play, and can still chat with your friends. Text chats are hard to keep up with when you're playing video games, since you don't have enough time to read and type back.
Just start doing voice chats, it's free.

You can't get offended whenever someone wants to play a video game. It's not an offense against you, it's just difficult to chat and play video games at the same time.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:33:54 AM by Vine »

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 04:50:22 AM »
The only reason I am personally annoyed with Skyrim is because it isnt out in the UK yet which sucks, mainly because Like kite said, I love morrowind and oblivion, Bethesda games in general really. But at the end of the day, people cant be expected to be online all day every day, people will soon give up on the game (More the likely when they have completed it a few times) and then they will be back on the scene, in a way this is being kinda self as it is making it seem like you want them to give you all their attention when your online, Fluff, When i go on the IRC I find myself on it for 2-3 hours before it livens up, even then half the time im left talking to myself, but I try join in when it livens up, if not, I try and start some conversation by randomly saying some things.

What im getting at is you cant expect people to give you all their attention all the time, they do have other things to do in life, whether it be work, school, homework, video games or out with friends/family. You just have to be patient and wait for the Skyrim and MW3 fad to die down as like kite said again, people have been waiting for these games to come out as they are linked to another game they like.
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

Offline Kite

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ohai!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Black, White and Red
  • Height: 5ft 3"
  • Weight: Slightly underweight
  • Build: feminine
  • Currently: EVERYTHING
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
The only reason I am personally annoyed with Skyrim is because it isnt out in the UK yet which sucks,

It is out O.o release date was the 11th.

Source: -waves a Britflag and a Skyrim copy-
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:12:22 PM by Kite »
Wait, what did I do again?

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »
Heh, feel that way all the time, mate. PM me if we're both on- I'm always up for a chat.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30:01 PM »
I agree that it sucks to feel left out when others are playing, since you can't afford the game yet. (I feel REALLY left out now because I can't buy Skyrim and I want it)....but it tells you something about you yourself if after only an hour of being left alone and bored you start being annoyed with a video game that supposedly stole away a friend. You don't have to buy the game, and you don't have to feel islolated either.

Just make an effort to talk to them more, I'm sure if you tell them you're lonely they'll stop playing long enough to chat for awhile. But they don't have to be chatting all the time to be a good friend.
x

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 12:07:47 AM »
I feel ya.

Skyrim and COD3 bro.
ITS TAKIN' OVAH!

But, its only temporary.
Try prodding and annoying your friends for their company and companionship :P

and besides, you got us here!
Including me if you ever wanna talk on Steam!
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 03:44:59 PM »
Heh, feel that way all the time, mate. PM me if we're both on- I'm always up for a chat.
ha sure