The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: School > Everything?!  (Read 329 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
School > Everything?!
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:42:46 PM »

I really hate how my dad seems to not care about anything I do unless it's homework and grade related. If I talk about something cool I found, experienced or accomplished, he ignores me and says something along the lines of, "You better be doing your homework!", or, "You should stop worrying about that and concentrate on school!"
It is seriously pissing me off. I understand why he would be worried about it, but I should be able to have a life outside school. Just because I do something that's not for school doesn't mean I'm totally distracted from it!

Of course I care about school, of course I'm trying to get my homework done and pass my classes, but do I really have to just toss away everything else that keeps me sane just because of it? I know it's about my future and all that, but I deserve to have at least a little bit of fun and be able to talk about silly and interesting happenings...

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Re: School > Everything?!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:46:38 PM »
I know the feeling. Get that all the time at home.
Of course, that all ends if it's something she disagree's with. Doing homework? Good. Writing/reading/going for a walk bad. Being a furry? SATAAAANNNNNNN!
Yup. Needless to say I feel for you, best thought I can recomend is to find somebody to vent to and share those aforementioned silly things with :P

Remember, School < Sanity. Genius level IQ wont do you a lick of good in a sanitarium.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Kakushymi

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Chinchilla
  • Coloring: White with red head crest
  • Height: 1.52m
  • Weight: 45kg
  • Build: Slender and backward slung
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:22:25 AM »
My technique for school was to breeze around with my head in the clouds until my so-called "academic" classes. Now I'm in a fancy arts college and doing extremely well.

The first step to failure is to stress out. Tell him to cool it.
Victory is mine! Try to shoehorn ME into clothes, will you?

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 03:24:36 AM »
it's quite the same for me. right now I'm the laughingstock of my family because of my grades but I don't attach much importance to them, because if I did then I would become my parents :P *shudders*
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 04:58:35 PM »
It's the opposite for me with my dad now (he didn't really pay attention to school when I was in K-12 since he knew I did my work, now it's different).
I'm in college, so now that's not good enough for him. I honestly think he would have rather had me go into working at a fast food joint right after I got out of high school. My parents always said they wouldn't force me to go to college and that I could do whatever I wanted after high school. Well, apparently for my dad, college isn't important at all. He'll ask me to do something and I'll say I'm doing homework and he'll be like, "Well this is more important than that!" when it's just a household chore or something. He would rather me be in a full-time job instead of college and working for him part-time, I guess.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is, be a little happy that he cares about your school work. It's better than him not giving a shit.
But I totally don't blame you for being unhappy when he doesn't think anything else matters but your school stuff, that's why I said to be "a little happy" and not "completely happy".

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 11:13:31 PM »
Wow. My dad basically gave me no choice in the matter. He's just like, "Right after you graduate, we are moving to [city] and you'll be going to [community college]."
Not saying that I don't want to go to college, but he made it a fact that I will be going there. :P

Anyway, yes, I am a little happy that he cares. I just wish I could talk about other things than schoolwork.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 11:21:54 PM »
yeah my parents are thinking of forcing me to live at home and do community college too :/
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 12:06:07 AM »
Well, first of all at least you know he really does care about you.
He wants you to be successful and live a good life.
So keep that in mind even if it annoys the spitz outta you.

Secondly, ever just sat him down and talked to him about it?
Try that and see what he says.

(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 12:35:32 AM »
First report card coming out soon,  gonna end up getting yelled at and stuff due to horrible math mark. Meh I tried my best.