The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New Risk type game released.  (Read 911 times)

Offline Lokyar Brightmane

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf pup.
  • Coloring: Black, white and brown fur.
  • Height: 6 inches at the shoulder, half a foot or approximately 15 and a quarter centimeters.
  • Weight: 10 lbs
  • Build: Slightly chubby, but quick, especially when chasing a lost ball.
  • Currently: Joined Anonifoxeh's group as a servitor. :3
New Risk type game released.
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »
I went to a gaming club near me to take part in an event. There was a new game recently released called "Moral Combat", with variations based on complexity. 39 being the simplest, and 41 being most complex with 40 in the middle. One of the game designers came to a small club to run a tutorial game, and promote his product. WTF, right? Anyway, we jumped right into 40, which wasnt wise. First time any of us played, except the designer obviously. WW2 game. I played US and immediately broke it, and the designer never saw it coming.
Spoiler for Hidden:
In short, the US starts out of the war, and can only spend 20 percent on military, increasing as turns pass or if war is declared. Britain and the US share tech. Britain gets mildly hammered at the very start while US is mostly unopposed. The US has LOTS of resources. I think you see it.

The US uses 100 percent of the resources on tech as Britain loses a major territory to superior troops. Next the German offensive peters out at the channel. Japan may attack the US or Britain, putting the US at war. If not, another 100 percent on tech. If so, 60 on tech and 40 on troops, or 100 on tech, depending on threat levels. Now Britain has massively hard troops, especially if they contributed.

End of our Turn two, out of 18 approx if no win, US and Britain had half the tech tree unlocked. The opponents were about a quarter through each, if that and not sharing. AND they started ahead.
The game was fun though. I would reccomend it to the tactically minded. 40 or 41 though, it looked unbalanced at 39. I may be wrong though.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!