The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Digilegs  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Delvix

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: hippogryph
Digilegs
« on: January 29, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »
Ok, I need help finding something where I can look at so I can fur digilegs (not feet). I have the padding and they are attached to the pants. The problem is that the fur will not be attached to the padding. I also have a duct tape dummy done as well, but cannot figure out how to get the measurements accurate enough to fur it.

Offline spark

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • S. Park Costumes
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon, usually
Re: Digilegs
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
Here's what I do:

Take the dummy and stuff it if you haven't already, then dress it in the pants with the padding.  Then you cover the dressed up dummy with saran wrap, and cover that in duct tape.  But you're not making a dummy this time, instead when you're done with that you draw a seam line down the front, and down the back, where you're going to sew up the fur covering.  Then cut along those lines.  (You may also need to cut some "darts" or cut it up into smaller pieces if it won't lie flat.)  Now the cut-up "skin" you have IS a pattern.  :)  Lay it out onto butcher paper and trace around it. Then add a seam allowance all around that, so it doesn't get smaller when you sew it up.  Now you have the exact shapes you need in order to fur your legs.  Cut them out of fur, sew them up, and pull them over the padding, and you're ready to go. 

Offline Delvix

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: hippogryph
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
Thank you so much. I finished my paws while I was waiting for this message. Fist time ever hand sewing anything i have a few areas I need to fix but it all in all they came out very well. Time to start on the body. Thanks again for the information.

Offline spark

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • S. Park Costumes
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon, usually
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
Glad I was able to help. :)